ROMAD1

Proof that someone is messing with us

I think I could handle a run like the 90s to mid 00s Atlanta Braves had.  OK, they won only 1 World Series.  But they were playoff bound every single season.

Just now, Casimir said:

I think I could handle a run like the 90s to mid 00s Atlanta Braves had.  OK, they won only 1 World Series.  But they were playoff bound every single season.

Too bad they weren't built for post-season play.  The teams with the best pitching always win.

• Like 2

Yes I'd rather have a Braves like run compared to say a Marlins run even though the Marlins won more championships.  Give me a playoff team year after year over singular championship years once every 10 years or so.   The only exception to that rule would be for the Lions since I'd like to see them win atleast won championship in my lifetime. 

The best moment for me during all of this was something very small.   On Sunday in KC before the bottom of the 9th they came back from commercial and without any intro showed the final out of 87  it was George Kell (which I couldn't find)   I was by myself and got choked up thinking that the last time they were in the playoffs I was a freshman in HS and here I was married homeowner with two kids   

2 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Our daughter was born in May 2006. Up until a few months ago, I believed she had been sent from the heavens to be the Tigers' good luck charm.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Let us know when she gets married - that will probably be a good sign for the ol' English D.

2 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Ausmus wouldn't'of played Gomez.

I think he would have liked Inge tho...I mean, who didn't?

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

2006 was not my favorite year, but it was probably my 4th favorite:

1987 was awesome until Game 4 of the ALCS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVPgEim0kH0 (1:12)

Ausmus wouldn't'of played Gomez.

Stop stealing my line.

Listen to this guy....

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Oblong said:

The best moment for me during all of this was something very small.   On Sunday in KC before the bottom of the 9th they came back from commercial and without any intro showed the final out of 87  it was George Kell (which I couldn't find)   I was by myself and got choked up thinking that the last time they were in the playoffs I was a freshman in HS and here I was married homeowner with two kids   

I was a very far from home GI in Germany on that day.  I recall people in my unit in that final week saying the Tigers are going to steal the division from the Blue Jays and thinking that was normal.   We'd get video tapes during the following season of various games.  Then, alas in 1989 the game tapes were fewer and farther between until they stopped coming in June 89.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

I had a similar moment when Magglio hit the HR to put them in the World Series.  Lots of emotions similar to what you described.

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I thought we were s'posed to use colored font for sarcasm?

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I had a similar moment when Magglio hit the HR to put them in the World Series.  Lots of emotions similar to what you described.

I was at a child's birthday party, sitting outside in the chilly, watching on the television.  I just simply started laughing.  It was the best I could do to try to hide the eyes welling up.