THECATMAC

Ausmus has lost this team.......losing 17-7 today..

I don't see any remorse, being embarrassed, or just being pissed off from Ausmus on his after game interview against the White Sox today, losing 17-7. Even these guys on this team deserve better than what there getting from him. Is he just playing us right now or ???? 

3 minutes ago, THECATMAC said:

I don't see any remorse, being embarrassed, or just being pissed off from Ausmus on his after game interview against the White Sox today, losing 17-7. Even these guys on this team deserve better than what there getting from him. Is he just playing us right now or ???? 

If you were in his shoes today, what would you have done differently?

He lost his team when every good player was traded away.  That's a AAA team out there.  It's as bad as the 2003 team right now. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, THECATMAC said:

He's lost the team?    This is coming to you now?   First of all I think he lost the team a very long time ago.  Secondly, he has no real team to speak of left.    Bruce Bochy and Joe Maddon wouldn't win with this sad bunch.   Can't judge him on anything after we traded J.D. Martinez.

• Like 1

It maybe in Ausmus' best interest to get canned after this season.  If he sticks around for the rebuilding process and has to deal with a couple more 100 loss teams then he may never get another managerial job. 

He doesn't have a contract--I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away.  Sounds like he is well regarded and would land in his feet quickly in some capacity.

Go get Rabelo to replace him.

I would be fine with Brad returning. Either way, I hope the decision and announcement is made immediately after the last game, especially if he isn't coming back. 

I know he and AA have taken a good amount of criticism for the last two years as well they should. I also believe they both inherited a ticking time bomb that went off on their watch. A huge part of what these guys now have to repair is what DD left behind (with Mr. I's blessing I know). Replenish a farm system that was overly neglected for years. Build a team that isn't part stars and part total scrubs. There needs to be a disciplined approach to identifying and signing players. That has not been the case in a while. Scott Boras sends DD the nicest Christmas card every year. 

I think AA has done a credible job with what he's been given. I think Brad is frustrated with his limited options to be succesful and it is starting to show in his demeanor. I guess we'll know the direction soon enough. I'm just glad DD is in Boston. 

• Like 1

Unless the entire team is made up of a*******s, I don't really believe in "losing the team." I think that saying is over used by people who like to think there is some undefinable magic that goes into making a good team. It is easier on the soul to assume that a new manager  is all that is needed, but the problems run very deep. Bottom line is , these guys are professionals. They are putting forth their best efforts and it is not Brad's fault that the talent is not there. This has been coming for several years and so it is more a result of Mr. Ilitch and DD not preparing and possibly Mr. Avila not acting fast enough when he got the reigns. That's my opinion.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

It maybe in Ausmus' best interest to get canned after this season.  If he sticks around for the rebuilding process and has to deal with a couple more 100 loss teams then he may never get another managerial job. 

^^^ THIS.

As of today Ausmus has a career managing record of 310-317.

He is considered around baseball to be somewhat underachieving as a manager, but still potentially good.

If he stays two more years and goes 90-234, that "potential" is all done.

If I were Ausmus, I'd tell Avila I want a 5-year contract extension.

More than likely, Avila says, 'no way.'

Ausmus says, 'fine, so be it,' signs on as somebody's bench coach for a couple years (or maybe does TV), then looks for another job.

Joe Torre had a record of 286-420 to start off his career.  Just for whatever anyone wants to do with that.

8 hours ago, Tenacious D said:

He doesn't have a contract--I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away.  Sounds like he is well regarded and would land in his feet quickly in some capacity.

Go get Rabelo to replace him.

I think he will be managing the Red Sox next year.  Dombrowski likes him and Farrell is not well.    

Just now, Casimir said:

Joe Torre had a record of 286-420 to start off his career.  Just for whatever anyone wants to do with that.

He became a genius when he went to the Yankees.  

4 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

He became a genius when he went to the Yankees.  

Brad would become a wizard too if he signed with a team with an infinite payroll.

21 minutes ago, TJ_TJ said:

Brad would become a wizard too if he signed with a team with an infinite payroll.

Yes, any manager would.  

20 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

He's lost the team?    This is coming to you now?   First of all I think he lost the team a very long time ago.  Secondly, he has no real team to speak of left.    Bruce Bochy and Joe Maddon wouldn't win with this sad bunch.   Can't judge him on anything after we traded J.D. Martinez.

Yes, he lost this team after the 2015 season. AA we was too blind to see it.

23 minutes ago, TJ_TJ said:

He had a 200 million dollar payroll of players, including 4 Cy Young pitchers.

• Like 1