Lifeguard

For Brian and Huey.

I want to be very honest with everyone, because I don't want to be here if I'm not truthful and don't pay tribute. The better part of a decade ago, I posted here under the alias of "Uncle Sam." and was banned for being inflammatory. I was young, incredibly naive, and had a penchant for provoking. Well, as years have passed I've continued to read on and analyze everyone's input here. I just want to pay tribute to people like Brian and Huey, who were giants to us in this little community. Most people who posted in the forum when I was younger are long gone or fairly inactive, but, once a tiger always a tiger. Baseball is something that transcends generation and year to year. I hope that I am welcome here.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

well said.  I used to post under Cult of Pena.  I wasn't booted, but forgot my login info.  

that's all I got.

I remember Cult of Pena.  That was a really long time ago!

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I remember that library monkey errr titus tiger referred to uncle sam as uncle same.

yeah, I remember that too. Titus was not happy when Sam got canned.  

2 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Wasn't there also a cult of guillen. 

yes.  I was him, as well, after they traded Pena.  Swapped one Carlos for another.

4 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

yes.  I was him, as well, after they traded Pena.  Swapped one Carlos for another.

Does the "D" stand for Elmn?

19 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I remember that library monkey errr titus tiger referred to uncle sam as uncle same.

Was Library Monkey the guy who posted stick-figure animated gifs for a few months?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

Was Library Monkey the guy who posted stick-figure animated gifs for a few months?

Yep.

11 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Can other banned posters return if they start a thread saying something nice about Brian and Roger?

Bring back TramFan.

I remember Cult of Pena too!

Off topic but does anyone know how long this site has been around?

I'm guessing 15 - 20 years?

:alien:

46 minutes ago, The Ronz said:

I remember Cult of Pena too!

Off topic but does anyone know how long this site has been around?

I'm guessing 15 - 20 years?

:alien:

This is a good question. I'm trying to recall the boards that I have posted on over...25 years??? Way back wasn't it the Tiger's Freep forum? Then something else? I too would like to know the "born on" date of this board. This is a very good board.

35 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Jon Benke went into self imposed exile I think. Rumors are he is back on the site with a different name.

Miss the old Benke tho.

9 minutes ago, 1776 said:

This is a good question. I'm trying to recall the boards that I have posted on over...25 years??? Way back wasn't it the Tiger's Freep forum? Then something else? I too would like to know the "born on" date of this board. This is a very good board.

alt.sports.baseball.detroit-tigers

That was proper.

e2a: corrected the group name

14 minutes ago, 1776 said:

@MotownWebGuy could probably clarify the history of this board. 

I believe this was originally the official Tigers.com board. But I'm not sure. 

I joined back when the pudge rumors started flying around. There was another forum that I lurked on (world crossing maybe?).