Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

09/12/2017 7:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians

Live from Cleveland, Ohio...

5989642016.gif 5753472014.gif

Detroit Tigers (60-83) @ Cleveland Indians (88-56)

TV on FSD.  Radio on 97.1 the Ticket and your At Bat app.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

Kluber vs Boyd tonight.  Shock the world, Kitties.

The most "because baseball" thing would be us snapping the streak before 20 with Boyd going 7 and giving up 1 and Kluber giving up 6 in 2 innings.

4 minutes ago, apabruce said:

With our current rotation, isn't Boyd the ace?

Damn. I think you may be right. 

13 minutes ago, apabruce said:

With our current rotation, isn't Boyd the ace?

And to think, out of ST he was projected as being in the mix for the fifth starter slot. My my my, how far have we strayed...

Is Mahtook's absence in the past several games a result of Jones' playing time or is there an injury or something else going on? Thanks.

21 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

DJiGB_FWsAA-xnq.jpg

We're going to try the Thursday Opening Day again?  Yes, I am a scold.

44 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

DJiGB_FWsAA-xnq.jpg

How is Pittsburgh in mid-late April? I really want to check out that park . 

That mid June series in Cincinnati sounds good too - right around the birthday and an hour and a half away. 

9 minutes ago, Walewander said:

Pittsburgh can be chilly still in late April.  I doubt Manning starts those games.

Its a really nice park.  Lots of nice sight lines from lots of different parts of the park.  We went during a summer night game and the only issues that we had were parking related.  We wanted to walk across the Clemente bridge and didn't know much about the parking scenario.  Traffic was congested before and it took a while to empty out of the garage.  But I'd definitely go back for a game.

Much like Detroit. It could be 70 and gorgeous or there could be 32. The park is great, area around the park is cool.

The only drawback is Kennywood hasn't opened yet

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Walewander said:

That mid June series in Cincinnati sounds good too - right around the birthday and an hour and a half away. 

It is a beautiful park and really nice city too.  I would wait until they go there in a warm weather month though.  I imagine it gets pretty cool by the river.  

• Like 1

I've been wanting to get to that park for years now. My wife is more of a casual fan, but I showed her pictures of PNC and she gave me the go ahead to make the trip happen. By then, the Tigers will be in the midst of their first ten game winning streak of the season, so it should be a good time. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It is a beautiful park and really nice city too.  I would wait until they go there in a warm weather month though.  I imagine it gets pretty cool by the river.  

My son is playing a video game right now that is - at least at this moment - set in Pittsburgh, called "The Last of Us." It's a post apocalyptic zombie game and the yellow bridge is always on the horizon and it is sort of like the yellow brick road that leads you out of the carnage. I would love it if when you get near there the video game would allow you to explore the stadium.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

Came across this video randomly this morning, and thought others would appreciate it. Gotta love Leyland...

Good times.  CIncy's manager did this the other day, but didn't get tossed post God Bless America.  I think he said it cooled him down and he didn't figure it was worth arguing anymore.