Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

09/12/2017 7:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians

13 minutes ago, roarintiger1 said:

In scanning last night's boxscore..............Who are these guys that were pitching for the Tigers?

They're all scratch-offs. Pray for a winner.

Things that make you go hmmmmm: the Indians have a 19 game winning streak.  The Tigers have won 18 games since trading JD Martinez on July 18. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

My son is playing a video game right now that is - at least at this moment - set in Pittsburgh, called "The Last of Us." It's a post apocalyptic zombie game and the yellow bridge is always on the horizon and it is sort of like the yellow brick road that leads you out of the carnage. I would love it if when you get near there the video game would allow you to explore the stadium.  I'm not holding my breath though. 

A very lovely game indeed. Gets a little grim later in subject matter, but great storytelling.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue Square Thing said:

A very lovely game indeed. Gets a little grim later in subject matter, but great storytelling.

More grim than it already is?  I have a hunch it has something to do with Ellie.  But I don't want anyone to ruin it for me. 

Just now, IdahoBert said:

More grim than it already is?  I have a hunch it has something to do with Ellie.  But I don't want anyone to ruin it for me. 

I'm not going to ruin it for you - you'll know the section when you get to it.

• Like 1

No hyperbole, with the way Cleveland has been playing, the way the Tigers have been playing and the pitching matchups, this has to be the biggest mismatch of the season.   I don't know squat about baseball betting but I'd imagine the Indians this game maybe the biggest favorites of any team this season. 

17 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

No hyperbole, with the way Cleveland has been playing, the way the Tigers have been playing and the pitching matchups, this has to be the biggest mismatch of the season.   I don't know squat about baseball betting but I'd imagine the Indians this game maybe the biggest favorites of any team this season. 

Maybe the game is off the board. I'm too lazy to look.

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

We're going to try the Thursday Opening Day again?  Yes, I am a scold.

Yes, I am a little ticked about that.

They added four days to the calendar with the intention of giving players those extra four days off during the season. I'm fine with that, but I would rather they put seven extra days on the calendar so they can start the season on the first Monday in April, give seven extra days off to the players, and finish the season solidly in October. So, opening day would range from April 1 to 7, and final day would range from October 6 to 12. That would be perfect in my view, and the players would appreciate even more days off.

23 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

The odds are huge....I played a little parley on a hope and prayer...

PARLAY (2 TEAMS)09/12/17 13:51 EDT
Bet $ 5.00 to win $ 36.25 Result: Pending
Detroit Tigers M Boyd vs Cleveland Indians C Kluber09/12/17 19:10 EDT
Over 7.5 (-120)
Detroit Tigers M Boyd vs Cleveland Indians C Kluber09/12/17 19:10 EDT
Detroit Tigers +350 Listed

11 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

The lineup that will break the hearts of Indian fans worldwide...

DJjA7lAW4AsAcNq.jpg

Must win.  And Ausmus knows it because Holaday is in the lineup.

Normally, with the Indians going for the record tonight, I would probably tune in, at least until it gets out of hand in the early innings. 

But baby driver came out today on digital so that is going to take precedence. 

I was catching up on an old MLB Now and they were discussing the Indians, then in the midst of a 15-game winning streak. The first thing that struck me was how they had been bottom six in payroll all through the first part of the decade (including 2013, when they pushed the Tigers with 92 wins). Contrast that with throwing huge money contracts at established veterans and ending up playing .473 ball across the last three seasons as a result.

The other thing they mentioned was how the Indians built themselves in part with international free agents, which served to remind me what a black hole this tactic has been in the Tigers' talent acquisition strategy. .Looking back over the last 20 years, there have been only a handful of signings that have been worth a darn to the Tigers: Fernando Rodney (1.5 WAR for Detroit); Omar Infante (7.1), Ramon Santiago (5.5), and Juan Encarncaion (5.3), and that's it. And nothing more recent than they. The other IFA signings who ended up any good had to go to other teams to find success: Francisco Cordero, Hernan Perez, Eugenio Suarez, Avisail Garcia, and maybe Luis Cessa and Jefrys Marte will join the list of players finding success with anyone but the Tigers.

We have got to fix this somehow. Selling the team and implementing a front office regime change might be a right step in that direction.

When the outcome of a game seems as open and shut as this one, sometimes surprises occur. Maybe this will be one of those games. 

Just say online that Verlander is pitching against the Angels tonight so I am off to the BIG "A" to check out Justin and Justin and maybe Maybin. Just wish it was Detroit and they were all on the same team :(

The Tigers have lost 17.5 games in the standings to Cleveland since August 12. It would be a riot to see this board if the Tigers had had a 19 game lead a month ago and it was now down to 1.5 games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lordstanley said:
Jason BeckVerified account @beckjason  2m2 minutes ago
Michael Fulmer had successful ulnar nerve transposition surgery today in Pensacola, according to Tigers head athletic trainer Kevin Rand.

Wait, What? Surgery in Pensacola? Who has surgery in Pensacola? Was it in one of them Veteran's hospitals? And who has surgery on a Monday? Someone has alot of explaining to do.