Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

What If Reggie Jackson Isn't Healthy?

I would do either of those deals right now.  Smith was a better PG last year than Jackson without the prima donna attitude.

4 hours ago, 313DetroitCity said:

It appears to me Jackson won't be healthy, and will be on restrictions all year. That is why we signed Galloway. He may have a bigger role than many envisioned. 

This was my thinking as well.

If Reggie plays well, then great, but I'm not counting on it or on him getting back to the mythical 2016 form that everyone seems to have much fonder memories of than I do. I'm not a fan of his attitude, effort, on court demeanor, or leadership. He's one of the 2 players on this team that needed to be moved this offseason in order to truly change this team, so I've kind of already written him off. The real problem is going to be if he's not playing well and SVG still tries to ride him for starter minutes like he did in 2017.

Buddha will blame SVG and the contract.

Regardless, to paraphrase from a classic 80's film, "The dishes will be done man!"

if reggie doesnt play bishop will move on to touting ish smith as the best point guard in the nba and that if you disagree youre a total hater who hates everything and shouldnt be a fan because of all your hate.  hater.

One could argue that this should always have been the plan with Jackson. I know I've been on this board calling for more frequent rests for him since he got here. He has asthma and looks like a fish out of water gulping for air after about 4-6 minutes of consecutive play. You're asking him to handle the ball, initiate the offense, push it up the court, and attack the pick n' roll every time down the court, and then possibly find some energy for defense. Not gong to happen without more frequent rests. His knee only exacerbates the issue.

really? doesn't a PnR offense require strong outside shooters to prevent defenders closing in on the paint? That's what the Orlando teams had, I thought that was the plan here. If defenders leave their man to help with the rolling player it leaves a wide open shot for (supposedly) deadly shooters behind the line. Am I understanding that wrong?

2 hours ago, DaBishop said:

really? doesn't a PnR offense require strong outside shooters to prevent defenders closing in on the paint? That's what the Orlando teams had, I thought that was the plan here. If defenders leave their man to help with the rolling player it leaves a wide open shot for (supposedly) deadly shooters behind the line. Am I understanding that wrong?

It seemed like Del posted some data (or maybe some sort of column, or both) last season showing how the NBA had adjusted to the PnR offense.  Since we're not exactly running Stockton and Malone out there,or Nelson and Howard, it seems like the logical adjustment for SVG to make is to balance the offence out.  Yes, still incorporate the PnR, but don't lean on it as heavily as in past years.

It is quite possible that I'm wrong, and that SVG's strategy does not change.