Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Casimir

09/11/2017 7:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians

57 posts in this topic

I didn't think the Tigers could do much better than 5th or 4th on the draft list.  I posted somewhere at the end of August or beginning of September that 5 1/2 might be the Vegas line in wins for September/October.  I may have underestimated how awful they might be able to finish the season.

1 person likes this

43 minutes ago, Casimir said:

I didn't think the Tigers could do much better than 5th or 4th on the draft list.  I posted somewhere at the end of August or beginning of September that 5 1/2 might be the Vegas line in wins for September/October.  I may have underestimated how awful they might be able to finish the season.

Unless they lose out it's gonna be hard to get much higher than fourth. We are four ahead in the loss columb of the Sox and 7 ahead of the Giants and Phillies. They are all playing pretty bad ball too

14 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Unless they lose out it's gonna be hard to get much higher than fourth. We are four ahead in the loss columb of the Sox and 7 ahead of the Giants and Phillies. They are all playing pretty bad ball too

Since we still have 4 games with them I think we have a chance at "passing" the Sox.  If they take 3 then we would only need to pick up 2 games somewhere else. 

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Yeah, I thought 4th would be tough and that 5th was likely as low as we could go. Half expected some kind of dead cat bounce that saw us move up to 7th pick or something. 4th is looking more likely by the day. But I don't know that we can do better than 4, unless the Sox come in and sweep us.

Picking higher than 5th would be pretty heart-wrenching at this point.