Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

09/11/2017 7:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians

36 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Plate appearances per home run for the full year:

Martinez 11.3

Stanton 11.3

But there's no market for a guy like him, right? He's just someone who hits HRs. It will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets. 

46 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What you may be sorta kinda remembering is that the Tigers won five of their last six games in 2003, when it seemed like they were a lock for 120+ losses.

I think we swept the Twins to avoid the MLB all-time futility record.

6 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

But there's no market for a guy like him, right? He's just someone who hits HRs. It will be interesting to see what kind of deal he gets. 

I see him getting a Nelson Cruz type of deal--they are likely viewed similarly, though I'd rather have JD.

6 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

Who knew that power hitting would become the new market inefficiency?

5 minutes ago, SeattleMike said:

i take great pleasure in watching the dumbass teams that weren't interested in JD struggle. specifically thinking of colorado.

meanwhile JUp is helping the Angels nicely.

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i'm sure everyone here is thrilled to see tyler collins back on the team and in the lineup.

Look, if you morans want to tank, embrace the ******* full throttle tank.  There's no reason for a half assing the tank.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i take great pleasure in watching the dumbass teams that weren't interested in JD struggle. specifically thinking of colorado.

meanwhile JUp is helping the Angels nicely.

Yeah, any of the teams that wouldn't engage the Tigers and discuss prospects better than Lugo and friends have only themselves to blame. It is somewhat satisfying to see them struggle. 

1 hour ago, Tenacious D said:

I think we swept the Twins to avoid the MLB all-time futility record.

Almost—we took three of four from the Twins, although we took them to extras for the one loss. But when we were sitting 38-118 with six games left against two teams that were 82-74 and 87-69, respectively, breaking the losses record seemed certain.

The Twins made us sweat a little in a couple of those wins, too. That first game we were down 4-3 in the 8th—won it in the 11th. Two days later, down 8-1 in the 7th, scored eight over the final three innings to win. That one was particularly sweet. 

Fulmer is having the ulnar transposition surgery with James Andrews. It's a 3-4 month recovery.

1 hour ago, theroundsquare said:

Tyler Collins gives the finger to the 2017 season.  And that Yankees sweep was in May 2000, partly behind the great Dave Mlicki

Mlicki boom boom down

1 hour ago, theroundsquare said:

Tyler Collins gives the finger to the 2017 season.  And that Yankees sweep was in May 2000, partly behind the great Dave Mlicki

I called that sweep on the AOL Yankees message board and trolled them after every win.  That was way back when social media was fun an innocent.  

6 hours ago, Shelton said:

So, JD has 21 home runs already in the national league. That's good for 32nd in the NL. 

And good for first on the Tigers.

It's a hard-knock life for us
It's a hard-knock life for us
'Stead of treated
We get tricked
'Stead of kisses
We get kicked
It's the hard-knock life

1 hour ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

what other toledo pitchers do you want to see finish out the game?

Might have to pull some pitchers from the University of Toledo before the year is up.  Oh, wait, Sandy Baez is still on the 40 and waiting for the call.