Sign in to follow this  
Casimir

09/11/2017 7:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Cleveland Indians

Live from Cleveland, Ohio...

5989642016.gif 5753472014.gif

Detroit Tigers (60-82) @ Cleveland Indians (87-56)

TV on FSD.  Radio on 97.1 the Ticket and your At Bat app.

The kid was scoping around on her MLB At Bat app yesterday.  She asked if we could record the Tuesday Astros at Angels game.  Of course, its a Verlander start.

If Daniel Norris is healthy, no reason for him not to get some reps and try to figure things out. I mean Anibal and other are going to get bombed on a nightly basis at least have someone with a future join in.

The Indians have gained 16.5 games in the standings on the Tigers since a month ago, August 11.

They've also gained 14.0 games in the standings on the Dodgers in the 3 weeks since August 21 and are now just 5 games behind them for best record in MLB.

The Indians are in the midst of an 18-game winning streak. 

The Tigers are racing to the bottom of the American League. 

So, naturally, the Tigers will sweep the Indians—in Cleveland yet—because baseball. 

Just now, chasfh said:

The Indians are in the midst of an 18-game winning streak. 

The Tigers are racing to the bottom of the American League. 

So, naturally, the Tigers will sweep the Indians—in Cleveland yet—because baseball. 

You beat me to it. Didn't the tiger sweep the New York Yankees home and away in 2003?

8 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

You beat me to it. Didn't the tiger sweep the New York Yankees home and away in 2003?

We went 1-5 against the Yankees in 2003

Interestingly, Cleveland and Arizona started their respective streaks on the same date, August 24.

The Dodgers have a 10 game skid, and are 1-15 beginning on August 26.

Make of it what you will.  I find it fascinating that all 3 of these begin at basically the same time.

25 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

We went 1-5 against the Yankees in 2003

I could've sworn I read that somewhere. Maybe it was another year when the Tigers sucked and they swept the Yankees. 

33 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Interestingly, Cleveland and Arizona started their respective streaks on the same date, August 24.

The Dodgers have a 10 game skid, and are 1-15 beginning on August 26.

Make of it what you will.  I find it fascinating that all 3 of these begin at basically the same time.

MCGREGOR MAYWEATHER FIGHT NIGHT SATURDAY, AUGUST 262017

The Tigers swept the Yankees, IIRC in '98 or '99, and Jeter whined in the paper that an usher swept the top of the dugout and the usher was subsequently fired for being unprofessional or something.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

The Tigers swept the Yankees, IIRC in '98 or '99, and Jeter whined that an usher swept the top of the dugout and the usher was fired.

Sweeping the top of the dugout absolutely did it.  50 years ago I was reading Isaac Asimov's foundation trilogy and I seem to remember the psychohistorian urging that a can on a shelf be moved from one place to another to change the whole outcome of  galactic history . But I may be just as mistaken in that as I was in the Tigers sweeping the Yankees in 2003. 

33 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I could've sworn I read that somewhere. Maybe it was another year when the Tigers sucked and they swept the Yankees. 

I recall a home sweep of the Yankees in 2000, I think. At least I think it was a sweep. My girlfriend at the time was a Yankees fan and I remember going to one of the games and we sat near right field. Paul O'Neil had an awful game and I made a point to ensure that he knew it. My GF did not appreciate that. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

Sweeping the top of the dugout absolutely did it.  50 years ago I was reading Isaac Asimov's foundation trilogy and I seem to remember the psychohistorian urging that a can on a shelf be moved from one place to another to change the whole outcome of  galactic history . But I may be just as mistaken in that as I was in the Tigers sweeping the Yankees in 2003. 

either that, or MTS is some sort of hub between alternate universes.

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

What you may be sorta kinda remembering is that the Tigers won five of their last six games in 2003, when it seemed like they were a lock for 120+ losses.

12 minutes ago, Shelton said:

So, JD has 21 home runs already in the national league. That's good for 32nd in the NL. 

Plate appearances per home run for the full year:

Martinez 11.3

Stanton 11.3

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, chasfh said:

What you may be sorta kinda remembering is that the Tigers won five of their last six games in 2003, when it seemed like they were a lock for 120+ losses.

Including a season ending sweep of the other evil empire, the Minnesota Twins.

55 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I recall a home sweep of the Yankees in 2000, I think. At least I think it was a sweep. My girlfriend at the time was a Yankees fan and I remember going to one of the games and we sat near right field. Paul O'Neil had an awful game and I made a point to ensure that he knew it. My GF did not appreciate that. 

The truth hurts sometimes.