Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Casimir

09/10/2017 1:07pm Detroit Tigers @ Toronto Blue Jays

22 posts in this topic

Live from Toronto, Ontario...

5989642016.gif 2559d7603ouedg7ldhw0br4fn.gif

Detroit Tigers (60-81) @ Toronto Blue Jays (65-77)

TV on FSD.  Radio on 97.1 the Ticket and your At Bat app.

This one should be in the bag cause we got our ace on the mound. 

1 person likes this

The Tigers must be serious about seeing what this Cabrera guy has to offer for the future if they are running him out there again.

I am surprised they didn't call Adduci up.  I realize he's not anything for the future.  And also that you don't want to call everyone on the 40 up.  But it seems like it'd be helpful to have one more OF rather than putting Romine out there most every day.  And actually, depending upon what happens this offseason, Adduci might be a reasonable enough candidate for LF next season anyway.  

I'm surprised to see Romine in the OF again too.  Did I miss something going on with Presley again?

Remember when I said Boyd was the new ace?    I was really joking...................but I guess I am not. 

3 hours ago, Casimir said:

The Tigers must be serious about seeing what this Cabrera guy has to offer for the future if they are running him out there again.

I am surprised they didn't call Adduci up.  I realize he's not anything for the future.  And also that you don't want to call everyone on the 40 up.  But it seems like it'd be helpful to have one more OF rather than putting Romine out there most every day.  And actually, depending upon what happens this offseason, Adduci might be a reasonable enough candidate for LF next season anyway.  

Gerber should be up too.     I can understand Stewart marinating a little longer, but Gerber had a good OBP this year, didn't he? 

CNN coverage of the hurricane is a lot more compelling than this game. 

1 hour ago, IdahoBert said:

CNN coverage of the hurricane is a lot more compelling than this game. 

OK, you've piqued my interest.  Besides, I'm recording the loss anyway.

Good God Sanchez is bad. He should take that 5 million dollar buyout check and retire after this season.

Did I hear Mario correctly when he said Kinsler's 17th HR today was his first non solo shot of the year???

4 minutes ago, 1776 said:

Did I hear Mario correctly when he said Kinsler's 17th HR today was his first non solo shot of the year???

Yes

Wow. How in the world? Never mind, we're talking Tiger ball.

9 hours ago, Casimir said:

I am surprised they didn't call Adduci up.  I realize he's not anything for the future.  

The Deuce never worries about the past or future.  He lives in the present.  

Candelario with another hit today.

Norris looked decent, although it was in the bottom of the 8th with a 6 run deficit.

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

The Deuce never worries about the past or future.  He lives in the present.  

From an L.A. Times review of new HBO series The Deuce, which premiered this weekend:

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/la-et-st-the-deuce-review-20170909-story.html

Yet in “The Deuce,” the exploitation of women isn’t just a titillating side-story to the plot, it is the plot.

The period drama, which premieres Sunday, explores the rise of the adult film industry out of New York City’s sleazy, 1970s midtown sex trade. It was an era when Broadway playhouses lived next door to XXX theaters, streetwalkers shared sidewalks with gawking tourists and those phone booths on every other corner weren’t just for making phone calls.

But the hookers, hustlers, pimps and mobsters of “The Deuce” want more. They see a potential gold mine in the “blue movie” industry, which is about to explode thanks to improvements in technology (Super 8 film, smaller cameras), less-restrictive legislation and law enforcement hobbled by local politics or their own skewed morals.

Just who will gain power in Manhattan’s relatively powerless underworld, and how they get there, is at the core of “The Deuce.” The neon-lit, “Taxi Driver”-inspired trailers ensure it will arouse, disgust and deliver on ’70s nostalgia, but expectations for the series are much higher than just nominal success via the usual provocation.

Thanks for posting these threads Cas.  When these threads are poorly attended,  it can seem a little bit sad but it's great when theyre still here.   I know what it takes to do that and I thank you for your service. 

3 people like this

6 hours ago, IdahoBert said:

Thanks for posting these threads Cas.  When these threads are poorly attended,  it can seem a little bit sad but it's great when theyre still here.   I know what it takes to do that and I thank you for your service. 

Only 3 more weeks to savor 2017 Tiger baseball.  I understand that the direction of the team and the beginning of football season takes away from baseball.  But, to me, its still (1) baseball season, (2) one's chosen deity, (3) family, and then everything else.  The order of the top 3 might differ depending upon the mood.

1 person likes this

21 hours ago, Casimir said:

Have no fear. Tyler Collins has rejoined the tigers. I think he makes the team next year. 

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

Have no fear. Tyler Collins has rejoined the tigers. I think he makes the team next year. 

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif