Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

Cincinnati vs #8 Michigan - 9/9/17

3 minutes ago, thefunk said:

Change my mind. Speight is bad and the entire season rides on his ability to not EFF up.  Slightly discouraged long term that Peters doesn't even seem to be close.

are we gonna waste this year and next years defense with Navarre 2.0?

i dont think harbaugh is starting anyone but speight this year.  next year might be different.

19 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i dont think speight is "bad," i think he's just not good enough to lead a team with this many holes and young players on offense.  the line is a bigger problem than speight right now.

I dont know if it's just the line.  He misses wide open guys.  He misses guys when he's got all kinds of time.  He throws into double coverage when he's got guys open.   He's Scott Mitchell, man.  Talent is there, but we aren't seeing it develop.   Mitchell had an arsenal to overcome it (for awhile).  

15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

I dont know if it's just the line.  He misses wide open guys.  He misses guys when he's got all kinds of time.  He throws into double coverage when he's got guys open.   He's Scott Mitchell, man.  Talent is there, but we aren't seeing it develop.   Mitchell had an arsenal to overcome it (for awhile).  

Nobody said it was just the OL, but it sure doesn't help.  The right side is not good.  The RG was recruited as an NT and the LT is a 3* who should be third-string on most any top 25 program.  Our LT, our best OL, is really a C.  Our LG is really the only guy who should be starting in his OL spot.  Our C is a 5Y late-bloomer, and I'm thankful he stayed.  

Does anyone confuse this line with the depth Bama or OSU has?  Of course not.  All that is just from a talent standpoint, let alone on a cohesive level.  This group, like last year's group, has been thrown together out of necessity--not groomed like what happens at OSU, WIS, BAMA, Auburn . . . 

Speight needs to get better and I don't think that's even a question, but when you can't move the chains with your running game or count on your interior OL to pick up a simple stunt--your dreams just might come true because you'll see another QB alright.  Why?  Because he's going to get killed by one of these 315 LB freaks of nature who can cover 10 yards in 1.6 seconds.  

You think you are mad at Speight for his intermediate passing now?  Wait until O'Korn is the starter and he starts to bolt the pocket at the slightest hint of pressure.  Wait until Peters faces zone blitzing that may or may not get picked up by pass pro, and we are counting on him to make reads when he knows he going to get hit.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Shane Morris today was 28 for 37 for 467 yards and 5 Touchdowns.    Man, the timing for Morris & Michigan was just a little bit off......

Morris would be buried on this team.

16 hours ago, thefunk said:

Change my mind. Speight is bad and the entire season rides on his ability to not EFF up.  Slightly discouraged long term that Peters doesn't even seem to be close.

are we gonna waste this year and next years defense with Navarre 2.0?

Brady didn't start until Y3, Griese wasn't good until his last year.

Henne had a good FR year because of an insane WR trio of Edwards/Avant/Breaston, and some Hart guy who gained 1.7K rushing.  Long and Riley anchoring the OL.  One could argue that most any decent QB would succeed with this kind of NFL talent around him.

People have way too high of expectations for freshman pro-style QB.  Elite dual-threat guys fare better, but that's not Michigan anymore.

speight has not started at the level of performance i thought he would this season. but we are 2-0 and he has a couple of games before he has to get there.

anybody see a msu game? scoreline looks like they are non-terrible this year.

6 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Nobody said it was just the OL, but it sure doesn't help.  The right side is not good.  The RG was recruited as an NT and the LT is a 3* who should be third-string on most any top 25 program.  Our LT, our best OL, is really a C.  Our LG is really the only guy who should be starting in his OL spot.  Our C is a 5Y late-bloomer, and I'm thankful he stayed.  

Does anyone confuse this line with the depth Bama or OSU has?  Of course not.  All that is just from a talent standpoint, let alone on a cohesive level.  This group, like last year's group, has been thrown together out of necessity--not groomed like what happens at OSU, WIS, BAMA, Auburn . . . 

Speight needs to get better and I don't think that's even a question, but when you can't move the chains with your running game or count on your interior OL to pick up a simple stunt--your dreams just might come true because you'll see another QB alright.  Why?  Because he's going to get killed by one of these 315 LB freaks of nature who can cover 10 yards in 1.6 seconds.  

You think you are mad at Speight for his intermediate passing now?  Wait until O'Korn is the starter and he starts to bolt the pocket at the slightest hint of pressure.  Wait until Peters faces zone blitzing that may or may not get picked up by pass pro, and we are counting on him to make reads when he knows he going to get hit.

i think the oline is a much bigger issue than speight.  not that speight isnt a problem because he is,  but if the oline cant run block were in real trouble.

• Like 1