Sign in to follow this  
Deleterious

NBA Info - September 2017

I wonder how they decide which company the player endorses.  I know a guy like KD is with Nike, but does not endorse the Jordan Brand.  

Someone has a bit too much faith in trade kickers.

He signed for $1.6M and a max kicker is 15% of that, so about a quarter of a million dollars.  Nice to get more, but I doubt that was the deciding factor.

9 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I wonder how they decide which company the player endorses.  I know a guy like KD is with Nike, but does not endorse the Jordan Brand.  

Was wondering this as well

If you like stories, go listen to Zach Lowe's latest podcast with Jackie MacMullan.  I could listen to her talk for days.

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, Deleterious said:

They will retire both numbers.

That's the most Kobe thing I've heard in some time.

14 hours ago, Deleterious said:

If you like stories, go listen to Zach Lowe's latest podcast with Jackie MacMullan.  I could listen to her talk for days.

Just as long as I don't have to see her.

I don't get it.

Even with another max (PG13?) player the Lakers wont be good enough to beat Golden State.  Ingram and Ball would have to play so far over their heads it isn't even worth discussing.  I guess you could flip those two for a third star, but even then who says its enough.  I would rather preserve my cap space and build around those two.  Aim for 3-5 years from now when hopefully GSW is breaking up due to the luxury tax.

Also, why would Lebron want to get smoked in the 2nd round or conference finals instead of the finals?  Closing out his career without sniffing the finals doesn't seem like a good way to finish out his legacy.  

Vecsey: LeBron James 'Definitively' Leaving Cavaliers For Lakers In 2018

LBJ is gonna need a better situation quick to get to the Finals again.  DR. J needed MVP-level Moses for that last Finals appearance , soon  he will need a DMC or/and Unibrow. 

I think you're an idiot if you're a top player and go to college, so I applaud him for not going.  But good lord man, go get paid somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

God KD sucks. Between that and Kyrie on First Take today... Good Lord

We captured video of Kyrie leaving Cleveland.

• Like 1