cruzer1

Angels nearing a trade to acquire Justin Upton

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/08/tigers-trade-justin-upton-angels.html

Angels Nearing Trade To Acquire Justin Upton

By Steve Adams | August 31, 2017 at 1:13pm CDT

In a stunning development, the Angels are closing in on a trade to acquire outfielder Justin Upton from the Tigers, reports Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (via Twitter).

Chris Ilitch austerity program begins. I'm not sure letters to season ticket holders will paper this over.

If the Tigers have 0 good players, no one can be mad about me not getting good prospects in return for them. - Al Avila, genius

some media indicate that the Tigers have an idea from Upton that he will opt-out. Angels pick up all the salary(old bit).

Source: Justin Upton determined he would likely opt-out after 2017 due to #Tigers rebuild; once he told club, trade talks picked up. @MLB

morosi

Just now, pyrotigers said:

If the Tigers have 0 good players, no one can be mad about me not getting good prospects in return for them. - Al Avila, genius

He was going to opt out, so at least they are getting something for him.

Just now, cruzer1 said:

He was going to opt out, so at least they are getting something for him.

I eagerly await them using the cash savings to acquire good players and prove me wrong

Morosi: Source: Justin Upton determined he would likely opt-out after 2017 due to #Tigers rebuild; once he told club, trade talks picked up. @MLB

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i have no idea about him, but a starting pitcher in AA is a good fit.

Better return than nothing in a month.

3. Grayson Long, RHP, VIDEO

Long doesn’t have any one pitch that blows you away, but his fastball, slider and changeup all show flashes of being above-average pitches. He throws strikes with all of them, but he only has real command of his fastball at present. His slider needs to be tightened up a bit, with his changeup likely to be the better pitch in the long run. Without much projection left in his frame, he’s going to need the command of his offspeed pitches to improve to project as a viable starter.

There are good reasons for optimism that Long will figure things out. He’s a competitive guy who the Angels really like from a makeup standpoint, and it’s feasible we will see his fastball command spilling over into his other pitches. He has an athletic, consistent delivery with a smooth arm action all the way through, both of which lend credibility to projecting his arsenal in the future. Worst case scenario, Long seems to have a safety net as a setup man where his slider and/or changeup can play up in short stints with higher effort.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/evaluating-the-2016-prospects-los-angeles-angels/

scouting from before the *2016* season. Injured for much of 2016, but putting up good numbers in AA this season. does not look like there's much upside however. an extreme flyball pitcher based on stats.