Deleterious

#11 Michigan vs. #17 Florida - 9/2/17

#11 Michigan (0-0)   vs   #17 Florida (0-0)

nHPUn2i.png        War8qRS.png

September 2nd, 2017 @ 3:30PM ET

Live from AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

9keVZAp.jpg

TV: aHprMrx.jpg

I'm sure people will complain about these but I like it.  Not something I'd like to see every week but I have no problem with sporting wild jerseys from time to time.  But then again I'm not a traditionalist or anything.

I saw a picture of them practicing in those jerseys and thought it was just some practice jersey. Didn't realize until now that they are being used in the game. 

I don't like them, but I don't have a problem with using them for a game like this one. 

Obviously no kid is going to pick his college because of their jerseys but these crazy jerseys are the type of jerseys that I feel high school kids like so if wearing something wild like this even gets 1 recruits attention then it is worth it.  

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Obviously no kid is going to pick his college because of their jerseys but these crazy jerseys are the type of jerseys that I feel high school kids like so if wearing something wild like this even gets 1 recruits attention then it is worth it.  

it's so nike can sell more jerseys and give us more money.

Weather forecast is partly cloudy with a high of 87 on Saturday, no chance of rain.

Not sure how hot it has to be to close the roof.  

Michigan owes the nation a beatdown at the House Jerry Built.

Zaire is going to have to have the game of his life to keep this one close.  And not to say that can't happen, as this kid is pretty talented.  He was the 4th-ranked dual-threat QB coming out of high school--two spots behind JT Barrett, two spots ahead of Mitch Trubisky and four spots ahead of Kenny Hill.

To beat Michigan, Florida will have to do it without several key personnel--including its best WR.

Speaking of WR, watch Michigan go throwback to Rich Rod and employ a decent amount of spread formation--four-wide.  Evans and Isaac are both plus receivers coming out of the backfield.

Personnel note:  Nate Johnson has been moved to CB from WR, where he was perhaps fifth on the depth chart behind Perry, McDoom, Martin and Schoenle.  McDoom may get looks on the outside with Perry having a strong camp after serving out his suspension, but Johnson was still buried.  Too bad for the kid, as he was a really smooth route-runner.  Maybe he sees the field at PR eventually, but tough to see him cracking the CB rotation over the next two years.

Listened to a Florida podcast today. Their evaluation of what Michigan brings to the table was laughable.  Say what you will about Webb, MGoPodcast guys, etc, but I don't feel like they ever do a **** poor job as what I heard today.

Michigans defense is suspect because it lost everyone, and he offense is anemic because Speight was bad when he was hurt and we can't possibly replace Jake Butt.  Oooooooook buddy.

13 hours ago, thefunk said:

Listened to a Florida podcast today. Their evaluation of what Michigan brings to the table was laughable.  Say what you will about Webb, MGoPodcast guys, etc, but I don't feel like they ever do a **** poor job as what I heard today.

Michigans defense is suspect because it lost everyone, and he offense is anemic because Speight was bad when he was hurt and we can't possibly replace Jake Butt.  Oooooooook buddy.

Florida fans may be the most delusional in this region--and that's saying something.

Now more than ever do I need this Michigan team to deliver.  Wings bad, Lions (more than likely) bad, Tigers...........sigh.  

(Insert Star Wars-Obi Wan-Harbaugh-only-hope type joke)

My father and great uncle should be landing at DFW pretty soon.  Someday I won't have to turn down invites to go to games like this, but watching Michigan win on Saturday in my living room will have to do.

So freaking excited for this.  Hoping we win, but on this season's eve I'm still holding out that we'll have some sort of miracle season.

Anyone traveling to the game is likely in for a few hiccups due to the hurricane aftermath.

There's a gas shortage in the DFW area and rental cars are hit and miss (and lines are long) because the rental companies are pitching in to help the Houston area with loaner cars.

On 9/1/2017 at 7:05 AM, thefunk said:

Now more than ever do I need this Michigan team to deliver.  Wings bad, Lions (more than likely) bad, Tigers...........sigh.  

(Insert Star Wars-Obi Wan-Harbaugh-only-hope type joke)

The lions won't be bad.  

In Minneapolis waiting to catch flight to Detroit.  Should be in novi in time for kickoff. Flight lands at 2:14.

Not that it matters much for the sake of today's game, but Kareem Walker's season may be over.  He was a high 4* RB out of HS and a real nice get for Harbaugh's second recruiting class.  Best wishes to him.

2_7579848.jpg2_7579849.jpg