Sign in to follow this  
T&P_Fan

Preseason games 2-4

2 hours ago, number20 said:

You can skip the article, but the Lion fan posts are quite funny. And pretty much sum up this team

https://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2017-detroit-lions-1798382848

thats a hilarious thread.  the comments, not the article.  the article is just magary reguegitating his schtick for the 10th year in a row.

Some of those Lions fans are sad.  It's not that hard to be optimistic when you realize that the past Lions teams literally won't effect how they play this year or the next 10.   

I anticipate this being a good season. 

so this game didn't start well. 

Also, NFL game pass won't work on my mac.  F' you NFL

8 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Some of those Lions fans are sad.  It's not that hard to be optimistic when you realize that the past Lions teams literally won't effect how they play this year or the next 10.   

I anticipate this being a good season. 

lol.  

did you watch the game tonight?

3 hours ago, Buddha said:

lol.  

did you watch the game tonight?

Lost on a last second field goal in the last second of a game against 5 time super bowl champ Brady in the preseason.   Stafford was good, didn't get injured. Really good night.   You're looking for negatives.  

8 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

It is preseason... meaningless. Maybe it will be a lesson and the Lions will learn from it. Because it is rather disgusting.

Losing on a last second field goal?

4 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Lost on a last second field goal in the last second of a game against 5 time super bowl champ Brady in the preseason.   Stafford was good, didn't get injured. Really good night.   You're looking for negatives.  

hey tp, its not raining, theyre pissing on your head.

4 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

I watched a few minutes of the game. So the first string struggled mightily against their first string but the Lions second and third string played well against their second and third string? Do I have that right?

5 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I watched a few minutes of the game. So the first string struggled mightily against their first string but the Lions second and third string played well against their second and third string? Do I have that right?

pretty much.  they were down 28-0.  brady completed almost every pass.

once the pats starters stopped playing, stafford threw a couple tds and rudock looked good against the reserves.

1 hour ago, Biff Mayhem said:

Yes, the starters were very bad. 24-0 when Brady left. Our 2nd string came back against street players for NE. But Brady has done that to many defenses through the years.

The fact that the Lions were not competitive against the best team in the league is a surprise to no one other than TP.

• Like 1

To be fair to the Lions they essentially gave the Patriots 1st stringers two extra possessions, one by deferring on the coin toss and the other by Tate just essentially dropping the ball in NE territory.   

4 hours ago, Sports_Freak said:

New England 1st string 24

Detroit Lions  1st string.  0

Stafford threw 2 touchdowns.  

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

The fact that the Lions were not competitive against the best team in the league is a surprise to no one other than TP.

But we were competitive. 

58 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Stafford threw 2 touchdowns.  

Yes he did. Our 1st stringers looked really good against their 2nd and 3rd stringers. And this is good because most teams we play will have weaker teams than New England's 2nd stringers.

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

But we were competitive. 

24-0 when New England's 1st string were in there. Early in the 2nd quarter. A full game against them and we would have been blown away. Heck, a full half of their regulars may have made it a blow out.

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

But we were competitive. 

our starters competed the **** out of the pats bench.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

our starters competed the **** out of the pats bench.

I am so ready for this season.

looks like I will be message boarding week one from Aberdeen South Dakota.  No worries though, I will be active.