Sign in to follow this  
T&P_Fan

Preseason games 2-4

Off season is over, let's put that thread to bed.  Lions play the Jets tonight in their 2nd preseason game.  Main things I am looking for: no injuries, who steps up on the line, and good protection for Stafford.  Not sure if I will be able to watch it, may have to try and find a stream somewhere.  

Also looking forward to see if Kenny G can continue his hot preseason.

I was only able to catch the 4th quarter, but Dahl had a much better night on the OL than in Game 1.  Cornelius Washington had some nice pressures on the DL.

Not that you really see it so far in the preseason, but I think the offense is finally going to hit its expectations this year and be special to watch. I'm buying the hype on Jones, Golladay and Abdullah and I like our improved OL and TEs. Stafford is very comfortable under this coaching staff and in this offense now too.

Now say **** it and go get me Sheldon Richardson on D

With Ebron as the starting TE I don't know how much I would call the position improved. I suppose from a depth chart perspective we are improved, but certainly not at the starting position.

3 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Lol, figured someone might come take a cheap Ebron shot

If Ebron takes any more cheap shots he's liable to start the season on PUP.

4 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Ebron. Top 10 is most TE categories, but people still hate him.  

Mostly, stop jumping.  

Yes, top 10 alright . . .

Top 10 in dropped passes league wide, tied for 3rd

Top 10 in drop rate league wide, with over 70 targets

#1 in terms of dropped passes at his position

Dropped 2 of 23 passes on 3rd down last season for a 9% drop rate.

Has only 7 career receiving touchdowns in his first three seasons, 6 if you discount his rookie year. Had 1 TD last season.

Has only 1,496 receiving yards for his career, has only 1,248 receiving yards if you discount his rookie season.

7 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Not that you really see it so far in the preseason, but I think the offense is finally going to hit its expectations this year and be special to watch. I'm buying the hype on Jones, Golladay and Abdullah and I like our improved OL and TEs. Stafford is very comfortable under this coaching staff and in this offense now too.

Now say **** it and go get me Sheldon Richardson on D

the offensive line has been god awful in preseason.  im not sure what hype youre hearing.

6 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Yes, top 10 alright . . .

Top 10 in dropped passes league wide, tied for 3rd

Top 10 in drop rate league wide, with over 70 targets

#1 in terms of dropped passes at his position

Dropped 2 of 23 passes on 3rd down last season for a 9% drop rate.

Has only 7 career receiving touchdowns in his first three seasons, 6 if you discount his rookie year. Had 1 TD last season.

Has only 1,496 receiving yards for his career, has only 1,248 receiving yards if you discount his rookie season.

Look.  I turned on Ebron too. But he has produced.  Top 10 TE stats.  

4 hours ago, Buddha said:

the offensive line has been god awful in preseason.  im not sure what hype youre hearing.

Ummm, what?

2 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

Ummm, what?

i said: the offensive line has been god awful in preseason.  im not sure what hype youre hearing.

3 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i said: the offensive line has been god awful in preseason.  im not sure what hype youre hearing.

It's not true what you're saying though.   They have been fine.  Average.  

lang was crap against the colts and ok against the jets.  wagner has been ok.  swanson has been ok.

the rest have been terrible, especially whomever was playing the other guard spot and left tackle.

56 minutes ago, Buddha said:

lang was crap against the colts and ok against the jets.  wagner has been ok.  swanson has been ok.

the rest have been terrible, especially whomever was playing the other guard spot and left tackle.

Lang didn't play against the Colts.

8 minutes ago, Longgone said:

Lang didn't play against the Colts.

Ouch.  Busted... 

I've only caught small glimpses of the games but the offensive line has looked just fine to me.  Like most teams, players are shaking off rust and in the case of starters, they really don't have to much motivation to go full throttle.  The 3rd preseason game will be more telling when the starters play a full half.

12 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Look.  I turned on Ebron too. But he has produced.  Top 10 TE stats.  

Touchdowns? Nope, tied for 42nd.

Yards Per Catch? Nope.

Yards after the catch? Nope.

Receptions? Yes, 10th.

Yards? Yes, tied for 8th.

So you're partially correct, depending on the category.

25 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Touchdowns? Nope, tied for 42nd.

Yards Per Catch? Nope.

Yards after the catch? Nope.

Receptions? Yes, 10th.

Yards? Yes, tied for 8th.

So you're partially correct, depending on the category.

Irritated fans?  Tops among TE.

I think the 3 TEs we have complement each other well and provide for potentially interesting 2 TE sets that we couldn't really use as much as we wanted last year. None of them are individually pro bowl caliber or anything, but the spot overall is above average and improved from last year IMO

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

I think the 3 TEs we have complement each other well and provide for potentially interesting 2 TE sets that we couldn't really use as much as we wanted last year. None of them are individually pro bowl caliber or anything, but the spot overall is above average and improved from last year IMO

I agree with the idea that we have improved at the position as a whole. I disagree with this idea that Ebron himself made stark and noticeable improvements.

Just now, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I agree with the idea that we have improved at the position as a whole. I disagree with this idea that Ebron himself made stark and noticeable improvements.

Yah idk enough to say that at this point. Wasn't trying to go there

1 hour ago, Nastradamus said:

The depth is probably better. Ebron's drops need to stop happening. 2 TE sets are probably going to replace a lot of what Boldin did last year.

Speaking of Ebron he tweeted a response to a news article claiming he was missing valuable reps as "fake news".