Deleterious

2017-18 Prediction Thread

I'm not convinced that Cleveland's on/off button will work this season.  I'm not sure James & Love & Thomas can carry the old heap into the league finals.

8 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Boban makes $5,881,260 this year--less than Ish, Leuer and Galloway according to Hoops Hype.

He is making more than Josh Smith, though.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/detroit_pistons/

I just assumed this year and next year would be equal.  So my bad.  Either way though, that is 5.8 million for little production and it only gets worse next year when he will make 9 million for little production.  

1 hour ago, Hart said:

I just assumed this year and next year would be equal.  So my bad.  Either way though, that is 5.8 million for little production and it only gets worse next year when he will make 9 million for little production.  

He produces like nobody's business when SVG plays him.  Check out his production per 36 not just for this year, but over his NBA career.

Boban gets 20 min, it is quite possible averages 15/8 on 55%+ FG and 80% FT.

SVG could really punish teams when their bigs get in foul trouble with Boban, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to him.

As promised, I just bet on Cleveland to win the east at -120.

They are starting to win more and I don't see the price going down, in fact it should go up.  So I jumped on it.

5 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They are starting to win more and I don't see the price going down, in fact it should go up.  So I jumped on it.

thus ensuring the celtics will be eastern conference champs.

• Haha 1

On 8/16/2017 at 8:39 AM, 313DetroitCity said:

Predictions:

1) Andre Drummond has a "bounce back" season. No, he won't be a dominant big man who leads this team as a franchise player. But he won't be as bad as he was last year. I think he will be in the conversation for another All-Star appearance, and will perform better on the defensive end/have a more limited role on offense. 

2) Reggie Jackson will be in and out of the lineup with injuries. I just have a bad feeling about where his career is going, and I think his health is robbing him of his athleticism. 

3) Avery Bradley will immediately become a fan favorite, and will be a dominant defensive player who earns All-NBA 1st team Defense honors.

4) Tobias Harris will have a major role on offense, and will average close to 20 PPG, and will show a full repertoire on offense. His defense will still leave a lot to be desired. 

5) Kennard will impress the fans. He will average close to 20 MPG on the season, and will be the best shooter on the squad. 

Overall, the team will finish 6th in the East and win a few playoff games. 

I am a genius. 

31 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

I am a genius. 

Taking a victory lap half-way through the season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/11/2018 at 8:16 AM, 313DetroitCity said:

I am a genius. 

Nice work.  Pistons 0-4 since this. 

image.png.4eda1a6aae4609ee6bea1fcfe0609e2a.png

The Pistons have a better chance of winning the finals than the lottery?  I s'pose there is probably reasonable math behind it, and really, it ain't likely at all that either will happen.  Just seems odd to think that this collection is closer to a title than a rebuild situation.  Or my perception doesn't reflect reality.  Or.... I don't know what any of it means.

2 hours ago, Casimir said:

Nice work.  Pistons 0-4 since this. 

he's still right about most of it.

On 11/19/2017 at 12:15 PM, Deleterious said:

On 11/19/2017 at 5:55 PM, Buddha said:

thus ensuring the celtics will be eastern conference champs.

Close.

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Close.

i thought the thread was closed when you predicted 45 wins for the pistons and that cleveland wouldnt trade kyrie?  

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

i thought the thread was closed when you predicted 45 wins for the pistons and that cleveland wouldnt trade kyrie?  

I admit I'm rarely wrong. But when I am I don't think that is a reason to close a thread.

On 5/28/2018 at 4:11 PM, Deleterious said:

I admit I'm rarely wrong. But when I am I don't think that is a reason to close a thread.

"Drummond will shoot below 40% from the line.   You could finance your kids college education on this if Vegas would spread it." 

Good thing I don't have kids. 

4 minutes ago, 313DetroitCity said:

"Drummond will shoot below 40% from the line.   You could finance your kids college education on this if Vegas would spread it." 

Good thing I don't have kids. 

Think how wealthy you would be taking opposing sides on all of my bets.  Should try it sometime.  

39 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Think how wealthy you would be taking opposing sides on all of my bets.  Should try it sometime.  

lol, I am not a betting man. Way too cheap and risk averse. And it also makes the game far less enjoyable for me. But if I were to bet, I would probably go with your odds. You seem to be spot on quite a bit .