Deleterious

2017-18 Prediction Thread

21 hours ago, DaBishop said:

I like this 313 guy. two 20ppg guys including the rookie, a 1st team all D player, My kinda poster!

Haha, sorry to burst your bubble but I think Kennard with average 20 minutes per game, not points per game. 

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

this could be a good call. He doesn't look like he has a frame that could take much pounding.

Honestly, I am impressed by how fluid he is for being 7'3. He is obviously no Westbrook, but the guy isn't a complete stiff. 

The injuries do concern me as well. We just don't know how he is going to handle increased minutes/games. 

11 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

--Pistons win 47 games. 

--Boban averages 13 and 10 in 18 MIN for about 20 games before going down with a stress fracture in his foot. 

--Reggie averages 18/8/ 38 3pt and narrowly misses an AS game. 

--Leuer is traded before the deadline. 

--CLE does not represent the East in the Finals this year. 

--MKE wins 51 games and makes an ECF. 

So this means Cleveland doesn't even make the ECF, or MKE makes the NBA finals. 

11 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

this could be a good call. He doesn't look like he has a frame that could take much pounding.

really? I think his frame looks great for a  7+ footers outside of shaq. Dude's solid. That said, foot fracture is a whole different animal

Cleveland and GSW in the finals, with GSW winning again.

Cleveland will win 50ish games in the regular season, because they just don't care about home court.  People will start to talk about how they don't seem to have it this year.  Then they will flip a switch when the playoffs start and destroy every eastern conference team they play.  They wont have a series where they lose 2 games.  This probably could have been copied and pasted from last year.

GSW will coast as well.  WCF is tougher so they might lose 2, but I wouldn't be shocked if they swept their way to the finals again.  

45 wins for Detroit, but this number is irrelevant to me.  They lose in the first round, which is pathetic in year 4 of the rebuild, in this weak conference, with a capped out roster.

SJ wins the SF job out of training camp.  He gets at least one DNP-CD before the new year.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

45 wins for Detroit, but this number is irrelevant to me.  They lose in the first round, which is pathetic in year 4 of the rebuild, in this weak conference, with a capped out roster.

SJ wins the SF job out of training camp.  He gets at least one DNP-CD before the new year.

At least we have Flagstar Bank advertisements on the uniforms this year.

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Odd way to write 4.  

Oh god, that's right.  So the NBA has been irrelevant that long, eh?  Add in all these political stances and I'm really starting to sour on the league.

1 hour ago, Deleterious said:

Cleveland and GSW in the finals, with GSW winning again.

Cleveland will win 50ish games in the regular season, because they just don't care about home court.  People will start to talk about how they don't seem to have it this year.  Then they will flip a switch when the playoffs start and destroy every eastern conference team they play.  They wont have a series where they lose 2 games.  This probably could have been copied and pasted from last year.

GSW will coast as well.  WCF is tougher so they might lose 2, but I wouldn't be shocked if they swept their way to the finals again.  

so you dont think kyrie is getting traded?

23 minutes ago, Buddha said:

so you dont think kyrie is getting traded?

I don't.  He has a few more years on his deal so Cleveland has no incentive to sell cheap.

3 hours ago, Shelton said:

So this means Cleveland doesn't even make the ECF, or MKE makes the NBA finals. 

CLE may or may not make it to the ECF, but I really think MKE is close to putting together an extremely nasty team to play a series against.  Length, shooters, defenders, catalysts and a solid basketball mind in their head coach.  They may need another rotation player upgrade to do it, but I really like the Bucks headed into the season.

As far as CLE goes, LBJ is due for decline and injury.  He played a ton of minutes last season, and there are a ton of NBA minutes on those legs.  The Kyrie trade situation is an unknown, on top of his injury history.  CLE would be smart to trade LBJ right now to insure their future, because that decline is coming.  I also think CLE's role player well is going to get shallow quick.

LeBron is in great shape, the regular season minute numbers mean almost nothing. The last third of the season they will start to sit and rest him. 

They could have caught Boston last year but they sort of let up and rested guys. Even without home court they knew they could take Boston.

But here is where it gets good for Cleveland. Because they blew teams away in the playoffs, they get a ton of rest.

From April 15 to May 16 they played eight games. Extend that to June 1 and they played 13 games, in a month and a half.

12 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

LeBron is in great shape, the regular season minute numbers mean almost nothing. The last third of the season they will start to sit and rest him. 

They could have caught Boston last year but they sort of let up and rested guys. Even without home court they knew they could take Boston.

But here is where it gets good for Cleveland. Because they blew teams away in the playoffs, they get a ton of rest.

From April 15 to May 16 they played eight games. Extend that to June 1 and they played 13 games, in a month and a half.

Getting old sucks, even for physical freaks who take care of their body like LBJ.  Those minutes mean something at his age, IMO, but what do I know?  From a physical standpoint, LBJ is somewhere in the neighborhood of super-elite  players like Jordan and Admiral in terms of guys who carried a great deal of muscle mass who played well into their 30s.  They were about his age when age started to show in the stat line.  Is a better comp Karl Malone?  Maybe, but he got to guard 4's on the block where his bodybuilding shined.  He didn't run an offense or chase fast dudes most every night, just the occasional Webber or Kemp who would make him come out and move like a three.  Long story short, he's going to decline this year--it's just a question of how much and if it comes with an injury.

I don't have faith in CLE's diminishing role players, either.  Frye had a swan song season last year, and it is very difficult to project a continued uptick for him.  RJ is downright ancient, with Calderon right behind him.  Can DRose stay healthy?  Lots of question marks there.

Boston has a new marquee forward on its roster, along with Gordon Hayward.  (that's just too much fun)  The Celtics are going to be a better overall team even sans Bradley, we'll just have to see what that looks like come playoff time.

Back to MKE, I just love the defensive flexibility of that team to go with hoping (for them) that Middleton can play 70 or more games this season.

I'll believe that Lebron is declining when I see it.  As far as what I saw last season, not only is he not declining but he looks as good as he ever looked.  He was unreal in the finals, just got stronger as the series wore on.

At least we only have 1 more year of him in the east but until then, the Cavs are a shoe in for the finals barring a Lebron injury or some freak shooting for an entire series by Boston or Washington.

If Lebron goes west they honestly should just cancel the Eastern conference playoffs and take the 1 seed from the East and the 15 western conference teams for the playoffs.

22 hours ago, Deleterious said:

I'm guessing we saw similar drop off predictions from you last year regarding LeBron.

I said he had two years left in his prime two years ago, I believe.  Could have been last year, though--been a long year.

7 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Even greats get old--age is undefeated.

This is true.  I'm unable to dunk on an 8 foot rim anymore.  Advancing age sucks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Casimir said:

This is true.  I'm unable to dunk on an 8 foot rim anymore.  Advancing age sucks.

It does suck.  Before I put myself in a situation where I have to jump for anything, I run alternate scenarios  through my mind first to avoid the possible pain.  Same with throwing overhand If I haven't warmed up.

36 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Sometime this season, Drummond will attempt at least one FT underhand.  

Did you make a prop bet with him?