Deleterious

2017-18 Prediction Thread

Make your predictions here.

Anything NBA related.  What teams make the conference finals, win the title, worse record.  

How bad will Andre be from the line.  O/U on games played for Boban.  

Anything is fair game except mentioning 50.  

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

What's your win total, Del?

Man up!

I'm struggling.

I think they got worse this summer.  But so did a lot of teams in the east, including a few who finished in front of Detroit last year.

.500 seems about right, 7th or 8th seed probably.  

18 minutes ago, Buddha said:

41-41, back into the playoffs.

So we both predict lower than last year even though the east imploded this summer.

Interesting.  

I have a sinking suspicion this team is done with SVG.  Like they're tired of him yelling at them and then publicly berating them for how much they suck.

I have my doubts about how much Drummond can get better.

I think KCP was a pretty good player and they will miss him and that he brings things that Bradley doesn't (even if I like the morris for Bradley trade in a vacuum and I like Bradley as a player).  I think they will be better able to defend point guards now, but less able to defend shooting guards.  basically whomever is guarded by Reggie will score at will.

I think the problems with this team cannot be addressed by simply "adding more shooting" even if that was the team's biggest flaw last year.  Galloway and Kennard and Bullock technically add better shooting percentages, but I don't think they'll play enough (Kennard), be good enough (Galloway), or be healthy enough/give a dam enough (Bullock) to make any real difference.

If you put a gun to my head, I would pick over 41 because the east is so bad, but I wouldn't feel good about it.  I think we're still behind Cleveland, Boston, Washington, and Milwaukee for sure.  And in the mix with the rest of the middle of the road east teams to be first round fodder.  And we fall behind Philly next season.

This team is in purgatory.  Not good enough to be a contender and not bad enough to tank for a good player.

Predictions:

1) Andre Drummond has a "bounce back" season. No, he won't be a dominant big man who leads this team as a franchise player. But he won't be as bad as he was last year. I think he will be in the conversation for another All-Star appearance, and will perform better on the defensive end/have a more limited role on offense. 

2) Reggie Jackson will be in and out of the lineup with injuries. I just have a bad feeling about where his career is going, and I think his health is robbing him of his athleticism. 

3) Avery Bradley will immediately become a fan favorite, and will be a dominant defensive player who earns All-NBA 1st team Defense honors.

4) Tobias Harris will have a major role on offense, and will average close to 20 PPG, and will show a full repertoire on offense. His defense will still leave a lot to be desired. 

5) Kennard will impress the fans. He will average close to 20 MPG on the season, and will be the best shooter on the squad. 

Overall, the team will finish 6th in the East and win a few playoff games. 

Drummond will shoot below 40% from the line.   You could finance your kids college education on this if Vegas would spread it.

The Pistons will not have a top 10 defense.  They were tied for 7th last year.

I like this 313 guy. two 20ppg guys including the rookie, a 1st team all D player, My kinda poster!

45 wins,

Reggie bounces back and averages 17 and 7

AD avgs 12 and 14 and takes about 3 spg less

5th seed in playoffs behind Clevevland, Boston, Toronto. Washington, and Milwaukee

51 wins. Jackson returns and plays at a high level. Bradley makes first team all defense. Drummond's surgery and weight loss helps him and he makes the ASG. Harris averages 18 PPG.

Galloway is a pleasant surprise off the bench. Kennard plays a lot.... in GR.

27 minutes ago, DaBishop said:

I like this 313 guy. two 20ppg guys including the rookie, a 1st team all D player, My kinda poster!

45 wins,

Reggie bounces back and averages 17 and 7

AD avgs 12 and 14 and takes about 3 spg less

5th seed in playoffs behind Clevevland, Boston, Toronto. Washington, and Milwaukee

Cleveland (1), Boston (2), Toronto (3), Washington (4), and Milwaukee (5).  6th seed?  Or is one of those teams being voted off of the island?

22 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

51 wins.

The season is starting two weeks earlier, not two months.  And even at that, the schedule is still only 82 games.

5 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Cleveland (1), Boston (2), Toronto (3), Washington (4), and Milwaukee (5).  6th seed?  Or is one of those teams being voted off of the island?

oops...yeah, 6th seed, although I wouldn't be shocked if Bullets or Bucks fall off a bit.

1 minute ago, DaBishop said:

oops...yeah, 6th seed, although I wouldn't be shocked if Bullets or Bucks fall off a bit.

Honestly, I have not looked at it much.  But I guess I look at it in terms of tiers rather than seed lines.  Cleveland and Boston in that order.  I probably agree with some sort of Toronto/Washington/Milwaukee in the middle seeds of the bracket.  And then a grab bag for the last 3 seeds where 6-10 ain't much different from one another.

The Pistons will have the most success among the four major Detroit teams over the next year. 

1 hour ago, Shelton said:

The Pistons will have the most success among the four major Detroit teams over the next year. 

but is this good news, or bad news?

• Like 1

--Pistons win 47 games. 

--Boban averages 13 and 10 in 18 MIN for about 20 games before going down with a stress fracture in his foot. 

--Reggie averages 18/8/ 38 3pt and narrowly misses an AS game. 

--Leuer is traded before the deadline. 

--CLE does not represent the East in the Finals this year. 

--MKE wins 51 games and makes an ECF. 

21 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

--Boban averages 13 and 10 in 18 MIN for about 20 games before going down with a stress fracture in his foot. 

this could be a good call. He doesn't look like he has a frame that could take much pounding.