Casimir

08/12/2017 6:10pm Minnesota Twins @ Detroit Tigers

13 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Will Zimmermann ever resemble the pitcher we had the first half of last year. 

The only thing consistent about Zimmermann is his salary.

3 minutes ago, 1776 said:

The only thing consistent about Zimmermann is his salary.

He's got his guaranteed money. He can coast now even as his career spirals into ineptitude. See also: Martinez, Victor.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

IIRC, Zimmerman's peripherals were not good even when he had a good ERA last year.

Yeah he was going to regress hard because he didn't miss bats.

Eddie Mujica has given up a home run in 4 of his 5 appearances since being brought up 10 days ago. Joe Mauer w/ 2-run HR in 6th tonight.

10-6 minnesota.

Hindsight is 20/20 but if we do end ggoing into a long stretch of ineptitude the 2015 offseason could be a major reason why.   We could've gotten good value for JD and Kinsler then plus not be saddled with Zimmermann's contract. 

And to think that I canceled my colonoscopy today to be able to watch this game. That would've been better than this. 

These contracts hurt.  I assume this was all Illitch. I just don't get it.  Out of curiosity, how many more years did JV and Cabrera have left on their contracts before they signed extensions?

3 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

These contracts hurt.  I assume this was all Illitch. I just don't get it.  Out of curiosity, how many more years did JV and Cabrera have left on their contracts before they signed extensions?

I believe they each had 2 but I could be wrong about that. 

28 minutes ago, Moonlight Graham said:

What do you mean you don't get it. 

They are generational talents at the peak of their game that had to be signed to massive contracts if we wanted them to stay. 

• Like 1

Twins with a one run lead two outs and bases-loaded in the ninth. This could either be really great or truly terrible. 

Shane escapes.  All we need now is a two run Little League homer for the walk off.  That would put the exclamation point on this game. 

I was looking at some Tigers stats just now and to my surprise Verlander has a higher WAR than Fulmer.  I'm really not sure why, Verlander has thrown like 5 more innings but that's it.  That certainly shouldn't be enough to make up the quarter run difference in ERA.