Casimir

08/11/2017 7:10pm Minnesota Twins @ Detroit Tigers

57 posts in this topic

Live from Detroit, Michigan...

peii986yf4l42v3aa3hy0ovlf.gif5989642016.gif

Minnesota Twins (57-56) @ Detroit Tigers (52-62)

TV on FSD.  Radio on 97.1 the Ticket and your MLB At Bat app.

Gibson vs Sanchez. A plus 6 ERA pitching tandem. 

that means a 1-0 game with a total of 6 hits between the teams.

And the run is scored is an unearned one.

In the 13th inning.

What did we learn yesterday?   That one Verday a week is apparently enough.

I'm guaranteeing a Tigers win tonight.  They can still play it if they want to, but the outcome has been decided.

4 hours ago, roarintiger1 said:

What did we learn yesterday?   That one Verday a week is apparently enough.

I learned that Petzold's Minuet in G written in the early 1700s and the Toys' Top 10 hit from 1965, Lovers' Concerto, are the same.

1 person likes this

August 11, 1968 - The Tigers sweep a doubleheader from the Boston Red Sox as Gates Brown has walk-off hits in both games.  In the day game, Brown hits a 2-out pinch-hit home run in the 14th inning to give the Tigers a 5-4 win.  In the nightcap, Brown singles home Mickey Stanley with the game-winning run with 2 outs in the bottom of the ninth to cap a 4-run Tigers rally and finish off a 6-5 victory.

August 11, 1993 - Outfielder Dan Gladden hits his second grand slam in as many games as the Tigers pound the Baltimore Orioles 15-5.  He is the 14th player in MLB history to have grand slams in consecutive games, and, to date, the only Tigers player to do so.  Altogether, the Tigers potent offense scores 48 runs in a 4 game series against the Orioles' pitching staff.

August 11, 2011 - Tigers closer Jose Valverde sets a team record by converting his 33rd consecutive save as the Tigers beat the Cleveland Indians 4-3.  By the end of the season, he will have increased the record to 49 consecutive saves.  The game also marks Justin Verlander's 100th career win.

The Tigers are probably better than the Royals and Twins if they had Fulmer. But tank moar plz.

Gotta get Ro-bomb going:

Kinsler

Mahtook

Upton

Cabrera

Castellanos

Martinez

Mcann

Romine RF

Iglesias

Is anyone else wondering if Mahtook is for real? It's the same as after JD had his breakout season. I was like, "all right, do it again."

Mikie doesn't have JD's power. But he's a surprising player so far. And he looks like a baseball player too. 

5 hours ago, lordstanley said:

I learned that Petzold's Minuet in G written in the early 1700s and the Toys' Top 10 hit from 1965, Lovers' Concerto, are the same.

Yeah I was all over that at the time.  I took violin lessons.

6 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Next you'll learn that Eric Carmen's All By Myself is based on Rachmaninov's Piano Concerto number 2 in C minor