RedRamage

Would you left Verlander and/or Kinsler and/or Cabrera go on waivers?

7 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think is still goes back to health and that Miguel has to admit at some point that he will have to give something up in his approach, and right now he isn't willing to. Price has been noting that guys are beating him inside with hard stuff quite easily. He could back out a little but he won't because he still wants to reach outside the same way as always. But at 35+ he may have to come to terms with not trying to do everything anymore. If he can keep his weight down and it helps his back next season, that willingness to adjust a little should be all that would keep him from being very valuable again - even if not MVP level.

It's age and mechanical/injury. He's missing or fouling off pitches everywhere that even an older Miggy should get to.

they'd be crazy not to let cabrera go if some team claimed him.  that much money for a declining player is crazy.

which is why no one would claim him.

1 hour ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

It's age and mechanical/injury. He's missing or fouling off pitches everywhere that even an older Miggy should get to.

I also think that what is going on in Venezuela likely is having some effect.  Not saying it's the main cause, but players go through funks every year and if there are outside issues that are causing significant stress, it can be a lot harder to get out of the funk.  Add that to the back issues and it's not that hard to see why he could be struggling.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I would bet on him doing that.  I would not bet on him doing it consistently or staying healthy enough to get 600 PA consistently.  

I would bet on him doing it multiple times.  Ortiz was "done" for about 2 years.  McCutchen for 1 year and a couple months.  Even Victor had his best season after looking like he was done.  (I do think he is pretty well done now)

3 hours ago, 4hzglory said:

I also think that what is going on in Venezuela likely is having some effect.  Not saying it's the main cause, but players go through funks every year and if there are outside issues that are causing significant stress, it can be a lot harder to get out of the funk.  Add that to the back issues and it's not that hard to see why he could be struggling.

Yeah - for all we know he could have have people calling him every night pleading for him to do who knows what.

This may have been posted some place already but:

Justin Verlander takes the mound for what could be his last last start as a Tiger.

I know there are a lot of rumors like this going around, but it is unusual to hear something like this from Beck.  He is usually very reliable and never jumps the gun. 

22 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

This may have been posted some place already but:

I know there are a lot of rumors like this going around, but it is unusual to hear something like this from Beck.  He is usually very reliable and never jumps the gun. 

It would have to be Houston? They've lost 7 of their last 10 - so maybe palms there are getting a little sweaty. Still, they have a 13 game lead - you'd think that would prevent them from getting too crazy 

7 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

It would have to be Houston? They've lost 7 of their last 10 - so maybe palms there are getting a little sweaty. Still, they have a 13 game lead - you'd think that would prevent them from getting too crazy 

Its probably not the division that they are worried about.  I can see them sweating the postseason rotation.