ss - Iglesias
rf - Castellanos
cf - Martin
lf - Mahtook
dh - Martinez
Bench - Goodrum, Jones, Hicks, Reyes

Starters - Boyd, Fulmer, Liriano, Norris, Zimmerman

Bullpen -  Barbato, Farmer, Greene, Jimenez, Saupold, Stumpf, Wilson 

I think we are looking at a Third place team....

.......in the International League.

3 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I think we are looking at a Third place team....

.......in the International League.

They'll win more games than last year. 

17 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

So now it looks like 

C - McCann
1b - Cabrera
2b - Machado
3b - Candelario
ss - Iglesias
rf - Castellanos
cf - Martin
lf - Mahtook
dh - Martinez
Bench - Goodrum, Jones, Hicks, Reyes

Starters - Boyd, Fulmer, Liriano, Norris, Zimmerman

Bullpen -  Barbato, Farmer, Greene, Jimenez, Saupold, Stumpf, Wilson 

Looks like deep into the playoffs.

Tigers won't officially finalize Opening Day roster until Wednesday, GM Al Avila said. It's possible but not necessarily probable that Tigers will make a waiver claim or sign a last-minute free agent.

19 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

They'll win more games than last year. 

They'll have a worse record through July 31st than a year ago, but it'll be hard to do worse than the 17-41 they achieved to wrap to the season.

I think they'll pull it off.  I'm guessing they'll go 55-106.  They won't even bother to play game 162

3 hours ago, LooseGoose said:

Looks like deep into the playoffs.

How do you know that?  The playoffs are a crap shoot.  They could just as easily lose the first round of the playoffs as win.  

3 hours ago, kdog said:

Tigers won't officially finalize Opening Day roster until Wednesday, GM Al Avila said. It's possible but not necessarily probable that Tigers will make a waiver claim or sign a last-minute free agent.

It seems to me that they are really, really resisting the idea that Daniel Norris is to be a starter.    If Fiers was healthy, bad as he was this spring, he'd be in the rotation over Daniel.    I think they really do want one more starting pitcher.   

30 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

It seems to me that they are really, really resisting the idea that Daniel Norris is to be a starter.    If Fiers was healthy, bad as he was this spring, he'd be in the rotation over Daniel.    I think they really do want one more starting pitcher.   

Just watch him pitch and it's not hard to see why. I'm sure that 2 yrs ago they were probably confident they would have fixed his mechanics by now, but not so much. I don't see how is is ever going to achieve consistency when he is so out of control by the end of every pitch. He has a Million $ arm but it seems to be attached to  a $0.50 lower body.  xD

EDIT: and just to make the point, check out the shot of him headlining the story on the Tigers MLB page. There he is, follow through cut off, one leg flying out,  about to fall over after a K

https://www.mlb.com/tigers/news/tigers-daniel-norris-hoping-to-prove-himself/c-269492824

5 hours ago, Turnbuckle said:

They'll have a worse record through July 31st than a year ago, but it'll be hard to do worse than the 17-41 they achieved to wrap to the season.

I think they'll pull it off.  I'm guessing they'll go 55-106.  They won't even bother to play game 162

68-94

The Sox and Royals are going to be really bad so we could finish 3rd. The sox are ahead in the rebuild cycle and the Royals are at least a year behind.

Just had my fantasy draft the other day.  Picked up Condolerio in the last round.  The only Tiger I got.  I usually have at least 3...and it used to be for good reason.  They were good players at good positions in the draft when I took them.

In one fantasy draft, I got Cabrera really cheap (it's an auction).  In my other draft, I got Candelario and Adduci. 

2 hours ago, kdog said:

The Sox and Royals are going to be really bad so we could finish 3rd. The sox are ahead in the rebuild cycle and the Royals are at least a year behind.

Congratulations to your 2018 AL Central Champions the Cleveland Indians.

22 hours ago, tiger337 said:

In one fantasy draft, I got Cabrera really cheap (it's an auction).  In my other draft, I got Candelario and Adduci. 

Did you have to spend a 1st on Adduci?

18 minutes ago, LooseGoose said:

Did you have to spend a 1st on Adduci?

No, I got him in the late rounds.  My league has not been paying attention and is not aware of his rare talents.  

The Tigers are rumored to still want a starting pitcher. 

This is who's left, I think.............

Ubaldo Jimenez  6.81 ERA last year,  pitched a few years in Colorado (evidence shows that seems to age pitchers faster)

R.A. Dickey -   He's 43 but knuckleballers can eat up innings

Matt Garza -   Um, we already have Jordan Zimmermann

Scott Feldman -  See: Matt Garza

John Lackey -  Connection to Chris Bosio makes sense but he's going to want, I would guess, at least $12 million a year.   I don't see the Tigers doing this.  If they did, he's their 2nd best starter. 

Also - someone will likely get released in the next day - so it could be someone off waivers.     Mike Fiers is Pelfrey 2.0.   

Fiers is not very much like Pelfrey.  He can strike batters out which Pelfrey never could.  It's way too early to call him a failure after a bad spring.  

And they only signed Fiers to a one year deal. If he is a failure, they'll cut him.

6 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

The Tigers are rumored to still want a starting pitcher. 

This is who's left, I think.............

Ubaldo Jimenez  6.81 ERA last year,  pitched a few years in Colorado (evidence shows that seems to age pitchers faster)

R.A. Dickey -   He's 43 but knuckleballers can eat up innings

Matt Garza -   Um, we already have Jordan Zimmermann

Scott Feldman -  See: Matt Garza

John Lackey -  Connection to Chris Bosio makes sense but he's going to want, I would guess, at least $12 million a year.   I don't see the Tigers doing this.  If they did, he's their 2nd best starter. 

They might be looking at the waiver wire as well. Some teams may try to get an out of options player through. For ex. Oakland Raul Alcantara (or someone like that) who could start, long relief, still has some potential upside, etc.... There may be a couple players like that - Tigs will have first dibs I think until May 1st?

If not AA is good to go for now.

54 minutes ago, Alex said:

They might be looking at the waiver wire as well. Some teams may try to get an out of options player through. For ex. Oakland Raul Alcantara (or someone like that) who could start, long relief, still has some potential upside, etc.... There may be a couple players like that - Tigs will have first dibs I think until May 1st?

If not AA is good to go for now.

We can't take anymore Alcantaras.   We're at our Alcantara limit.    There would have to be a roster move. 

On 3/24/2018 at 10:31 PM, 84 Lives!!! said:

I could see Jacoby starting at 2B, CF, or LF... if he takes over a starting spot. I don't think he'd end up at 3B... 

The Tigers would find a place for him if he hits. When he gets his chance, he needs to make it hard to keep him out of the line-up. Or...good bench player?