Sign in to follow this  
detroittigerfan

JULY 2017 SUCCESSES

I can't be the only one with July successes!  Is this thread dying out?  I will give it one or two more shots.  Be sure to post if you want this thread to continue!

As I expected, the July 14 turnout for DICKIE NOLES was very minimal.  A number of people went through the line one time, and after that it thinned out substantially.

I think I went through the line three times, with each line getting smaller, and finally the WhiteCaps official said to just get signed whatever we had.  I think I still had something like 5 cards/small photos left, and got them all signed, like a few of my friends did.  They then closed the line about 25 minutes before it was scheduled to close.  

My friend Bill had something like eight different Tiger photos of Noles, and got them all signed without any difficulty.

I expect the Tiger Friday line for John Hiller in four days to be much busier.  Tigers who played on Championship teams always draw much better. 

The next day, at the Mud Hens game, I got six Mud Hens to sign, including former Tigers OMAR INFANTE and now current Tiger JIM ADDUCI, the latter on a Tiger logo card.  I still need current Mud Hen Arcenio Leon and current Tiger Daniel Stumpf and then I will have (on cards) 1) all the Tigers that are currently playing on any major league team, and 2) all but six former Tigers who are still living but retired.  It was also Andrew Miller bobblehead day at the ballpark, and my wife and I each got one.

22 hours ago, detroittigerfan said:

My friend Bill had something like eight different Tiger photos of Noles, and got them all signed without any difficulty.

I'd definitely be interested in seeing those.

Not exactly a TTM return, but it is an autographed card that I've been looking to get for a long time and I finally got one. Very excited about this one!

Who knows, maybe it was a real TTM when Mr. Gehringer used to sign for free TTM in the 80's and early 90's...

gehringer.jpg

If modern day players signed like the mechanical man, I would stay in the hobby a lot longer than I likely will. That is just a majestic signature. 

Proof that detroittigerfan is behind the times (two years to be exact, look at the date in the title).

:D

With the help of some friends I got '68 Tiger JOHN HILLER to sign six books for me at a private signing on Tiger Friday, July 28, at the WhiteCaps' Fifth Third Ballpark.  Later he signed for the public, with everyone having the option of going through the line twice.

Next signing is for former Tiger and Wolverine RICK LEACH on Thursday, Aug. 10.  I do not expect this one to be busy, since the WhiteCaps have not promoted this event much until recently.  Here's more info:  http://www.milb.com/content/page.jsp?ymd=20140307&content_id=68883154&fext=.jsp&sid=t582&vkey=  Note that it also includes a silent auction with some great MSU/U of M items.

Next Tiger Friday signing is for former WhiteCap and Tiger ERIC MUNSON on Aug. 11.  I do not expect him to be busy either.

The last Tiger Friday is with CHRIS SHELTON on Aug. 25.