Casimir

07/24/2017 7:10pm Kansas City Royals @ Detroit Tigers

I see David Price is acting like a douche in Boston which does not surprise me.  Dennis Eckersley is a tough guy and can handle himself, but Price bullying Eckersley and saying he does not understand how hard the game is is ridiculous.      

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Ausmus has many, many weaknesses as a manager. Handling a pitching staff is his biggest weakness. It has been since day 1. Sure, it doesn't help that among the guys he has to choose from, the only thing they have in common is their inconsistency. So, a 24 man pitching staff with the Deuce as his only position player may be the way to go. ?

The Deuce can play any position.  They say he has been in positions we have never even imagined before.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I see David Price is acting like a douche in Boston which does not surprise me.  Dennis Eckersley is a tough guy and can handle himself, but Price bullying Eckersley and saying he does not understand how hard the game is is ridiculous.      

link?

But Price has a cute dog with a cool name.

Just now, tiger337 said:

The Deuce can play any position.  They say he has been in positions we have never even imagined before.  

If he were a pitcher, he could throw 200 pitches. And he would just be getting warmed up. He could pitch back to back games, back to back!

Just now, rhino said:

link?

But Price has a cute dog with a cool name.

I don't have a link handy but it would probably be an easy google. 

This isn't price's first run in with the media. He seems pretty thin skinned. 

45 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Can't wait for the day when teams have a 21 man bullpen and the extra relievers just have to play positions to make up for it. It's the only way to keep those arms fresh

Its too bad the Tigers missed the boat on the outfield/bullpen of Kieschnick, Gose, Ankiel.

Price appears to be an idiot.  The first tell for me was when he stuck up for McCann when he and Iglesias had that thing...

Plus he's a choker.

29 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Price appears to be an idiot.  The first tell for me was when he stuck up for McCann when he and Iglesias had that thing...

Plus he's a choker.

he's also an idiot if he thinks a successful color man can be in tank for the players in Boston. He needs to grow up. Eck's got a job to do and if he does it well then that means more money available for guys like Price to do theirs, so he should STFU.

did I miss something in that article?  sounds like Price was sticking up for another player and had the support of his teammates.  

And apparently the comment that set it off was him saying "yuck" when some poor numbers were displayed for a guy on his rehab assignment?

David Price is up there with Sheffield as former tigers that mean nothing to me. Price may be the most unlikeable of them all, in large part because he didn't get it done in the postseason. He also had those comments during that one offseason where he complained about the team. 

I don't recall Sheffield being a malcontent at all, but we similarly got him at the tail end of a competitive window with nothing to show for it. Next thing we know he was released in favor of more playing time for Marcus Thames. I do seem to recall that he may have said something about still being able to play in the field as not liking that he was he was being limited to DH. 

Dennis Eckersley had to be a closer because he lacked the mental toughness to start. Sad. Loser! David Price should call him more names.

Sheffield's a guy I grew to respect more after watching him play every day.  If he didn't get hurt in 2007 they win the division.  His at bats were Miggy-esque before I knew what that was.  The way he'd study the pitches during the at bat and seemingly foul off the ones he didn't like.

What is it about playing for the Red Sox that makes them feel entitles and like cry babies?

3 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

did I miss something in that article?  sounds like Price was sticking up for another player and had the support of his teammates.  

I guess that's true, but there is nothing to suggest that eck had said anything all that bad. I don't think you need to stick up for a teammate that is criticized for poor numbers. And if you do fee the need, there are better ways to do it than confronting the critic on the team plane in the way he did. 

I think I recall torii trying to stick up for prince and dropping the info that prince was going through a divorce. I also think there may have been some guys that stuck up for maggs when his wife was sick (which I don't believe was known at the time).

nothing wrong with defending a teammate. But you don't need to be a bully about it. 

Nice use of small sample size on a rehab assignment Eck, why don't you talk about ERA or Batting Average next, Gramps. - David Price, probably

There is a 100% chance that the Sox want to get rid of Price's contract, and this is step 1 in the Boston media burying any player ever who is going to leave the team.

16 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

Sure, but the way he went about it was wrong.  

13 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Dennis Eckersley had to be a closer because he lacked the mental toughness to start. Sad. Loser! David Price should call him more names.

Eckersley had 361 career starts.  Price has 259.  

I don't think Eck did anything wrong, and I don't think it's wrong for Price to stick up for his teammate. However, there's no reason to do it in front of the guys other than to show off. All he showed off is that he has a high school mentality. Gotta impress your boys, right? To me, if he really had a problem with what Eck said - which I'm not convinced he actually did - then he should have confronted him privately. 

Eck, on the other hand, is a color commentator for the team. It isn't just about analysis - if it was, you'd have just anybody in there, not someone with a hometown slant. I think the best of the people in his current profession are those that have no problem showing a little passion and a little frustration for the team that they cover. The fans - even Red Sox fans - deserve that much. 

Perhaps a color man simulator can be used instead of Eck with AI programmed to only say things Bill James would approve of.  

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Perhaps a color man simulator can be used instead of Eck with AI programmed to only say things Bill James would approve of.  

I think the players would like that even less.  They want someone that boosts their egos.  

9 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I think the players would like that even less.  They want someone that boosts their egos.  

What if the simulator had Morgan Freeman' voice and speech patterns? 

if you are going to criticize an athlete, the best way to do it is to draw an analogy to having sex with your wife like torii Hunter did when he criticized lebron for leaving a game due to cramping. 

Eckersly should have talked about how he pitched well in rehab assignments after having sex with his wife, is what I am saying.