Casimir

07/24/2017 7:10pm Kansas City Royals @ Detroit Tigers

I'm already reliving the Timo Perez era every day, and so far Alex Presley and Jim Adduci are doing a good job being the 'unbelievably competent play from a terrible player' guys of 2017

i wondered why there were so many posts in a gameday thread at 10 in the morning.

who knew that shane halter memories would be the source of such a kerfuffle?  not I.  definitely not I.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

FACT: Timo hit .389 for the Tigers.

Yep, it was a highlight of the season. Me posting every day "I can't believe Leyland is batting Timo third, what an idiot" followed by Timo going 2-4 with a double. And then Timo never appearing in an MLB game again after that season

0.5 of his career 1.5 WAR was earned that season (per baseball-reference)

He also had a season of 2.7 WAR.

The rest of his career he was below replacement level.

14 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

FACT: Timo hit .389 for the Tigers.

Timo always hits when they give him a chance to play every day.  They just never gave him enough of a chance before.  

Timo was crucial in that first JV no hitter. 

Edit: dammit that was neifi

18 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Gotta get young and cheap.

That is what Deuce said.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Yep, it was a highlight of the season. Me posting every day "I can't believe Leyland is batting Timo third, what an idiot" followed by Timo going 2-4 with a double. And then Timo never appearing in an MLB game again after that season

I still can't help but smile that dmitri in 2006 got hurt early on (maybe on the turf in Toronto), played no part in their early season success, finally returned from injury and leyland immediately bats him third. Then they simply release him. 

Cant think of many other times of a team just releasing their "regular" third hitter. 

18 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Timo was crucial in that first JV no hitter. 

Edit: dammit that was neifi

Bad baseball players all look the same to you, huh Shelton?

1 minute ago, pyrotigers said:

Bad baseball players all look the same to you, huh Shelton?

Especially those with the same last name and the same odd level of commitment from the skip. 

42 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Only Jim Adduci can live the Jim Adduci era.  Nobody else can do that.  

In Toledo, where the Tigers sent him yesterday.

Following the game, the Tigers announced that they have optioned outfielder Jim Adduci to Triple-A Toledo and will recall right-hander Drew VerHagen. The team will go with a three-man bench, to help provide a fresh arm for a taxed bullpen.

Near the bottom;

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/244039778/tigers-matthew-boyd-strikes-out-8-in-6-plus/

25 minutes ago, Shelton said:

I still can't help but smile that dmitri in 2006 got hurt early on (maybe on the turf in Toronto), played no part in their early season success, finally returned from injury and leyland immediately bats him third. Then they simply release him. 

Cant think of many other times of a team just releasing their "regular" third hitter. 

if you believe any of the clubhouse stories, Gibby almost beat the crap out of him for disrespecting Trammell when he was the manager.

Just now, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Prince Fielder or Jim Aducci?

Both.  Adduci sr likes to bet on the horses.  

18 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

Following the game, the Tigers announced that they have optioned outfielder Jim Adduci to Triple-A Toledo and will recall right-hander Drew VerHagen. The team will go with a three-man bench, to help provide a fresh arm for a taxed bullpen.

Near the bottom;

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/244039778/tigers-matthew-boyd-strikes-out-8-in-6-plus/

This was a mistake by Al Avila. I hope he doesn't own any horses because I here Adduci Sr. is in town and he's not happy.

1 hour ago, Sports_Freak said:

Triple-A Toledo and will recall right-hander Drew VerHagen. The team will go with a three-man bench, to help provide a fresh arm for a taxed bullpen.

I hope that a move toward more long relief depth mean Ausmus is going to shorten his leash on starters having poor outings. That's something I've been hoping to see since he began managing -

.....either that or they are trading JV today.

Can't wait for the day when teams have a 21 man bullpen and the extra relievers just have to play positions to make up for it. It's the only way to keep those arms fresh

36 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

I hope that a move toward more long relief depth mean Ausmus is going to shorten his leash on starters having poor outings. That's something I've been hoping to see since he began managing -

.....either that or they are trading JV today.

Ausmus has many, many weaknesses as a manager. Handling a pitching staff is his biggest weakness. It has been since day 1. Sure, it doesn't help that among the guys he has to choose from, the only thing they have in common is their inconsistency. So, a 24 man pitching staff with the Deuce as his only position player may be the way to go. ?