Casimir

07/23/2017 2:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins

Live from Minneapolis, Minnesota...

5989642016.gif peii986yf4l42v3aa3hy0ovlf.gif

Detroit Tigers (44-52) @ Minnesota Twins (49-47)

TV on FSD.  Radio on 97.1 the Ticket and your MLB At Bat app.

50 years ago today Willie Horton homered in the 2nd game of a doubleheader versus the Yankees and then after the game ventured to 12th & Claremont where, still in his uniform, he pleaded for calm.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, lordstanley said:

50 years ago today Willie Horton homered in the 2nd game of a doubleheader versus the Yankees and then after the game ventured to 12th & Claremont where, still in his uniform, he pleaded for calm.

Willie is/was, good people

7 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Daniel Norris didn't make it out of the 1st for the MudHens, I'm guessing due to pitch count.

Oh boy.

1 minute ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

even better

Better its physical than mental.  Although it could be both. 

Ok. It's time. Trade everyone and burn this mother to the ground.  Not because of anything in today's game, I'm just ok with it.  Verlander, Cabrera, even Fulmer to a degree.  If the rebuild doesn't work we can always go buy free agents again once our payroll is back in order.

blow it uuuuuuup.  Could be fun.

Tigers have gained a commanding 2-0 lead over the Twins. With Boyd on the mound, and the greatest hitter on the planet batting cleanup, this game is as good as over. 

McCann re-claims his all-star status for at least two months with that throw.  

1 hour ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

even better

And to go back five months, I really thought this starting staff would be one of the best rotations in MLB this year. What a disastrous summer to date. Norris was my pick to really step up this year. Sad. Fulmer is the only guy to put any confidence in at all.

Holy Mackeral! Iggy crushed that one like he was Giancarlo Stanton!

41 minutes ago, 1776 said:

And to go back five months, I really thought this starting staff would be one of the best rotations in MLB this year. What a disastrous summer to date. Norris was my pick to really step up this year. Sad. Fulmer is the only guy to put any confidence in at all.

Norris' is still a young arm and has plenty of time before anyone should be giving up on him, but it would have been nice for him to have put it together this year. If we were going to compete this year it was one of the pieces that had to fit. It hasn't so far.

Kershaw just removed after two innings.  I doubt if he's being traded. He was talking to the trainer. He is probably hurt.  That sucks. 

22 minutes ago, rhino said:

Holy Mackeral! Iggy crushed that one like he was Giancarlo Stanton!

Screen_Shot_2016-09-29_at_8.52.41_PM.0.p

• Like 1

Hey how about that, the ump isn't against us. Greene paints 2 pitches well enough to get a K.

If this was last night it'd be 3-1 and the guy'd hit a single on a pitch down the middle.

And then Ian boots a tailor made DP ball that woulda gotten us out of the inning :dead: