Casimir

07/21/2017 8:10pm Detroit Tigers @ Minnesota Twins

Pitching around someone to walk the bases loaded when you're up 5-1 in the 4th inning is so stupid that you deserve to give up runs due to it

29 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

4-0 Tigers in the top of the 4th. Is Sanchez the Tigers' 2nd best starting pitcher now?

Nope. 5-3. Still 2 on 2 out for the Twins in the 4th.

I'd love to know whether it was Anibal or Alex that wanted the change there.

Kinsler having a tough night. Ball under his glove, drops a ball to allow a run to score.

3 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

And Miggy with the broken collar bone

If this is actually true, maybe it will convince Miggy he has to DH next season.  This sh*t always seems to happen to him.   He should not run hard or play defense.  Just be like David Ortiz and mash.  

20 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

And Miggy with the broken collar bone

To be honest, I'm glad he's being forced out of the lineup for a time. A collarbone will heal.

Miguel Cabrera has a right clavicle contusion, per the team. X-rays were negative. He's day to day.

I don't know if either team is particularly chapped about it tonight, but Timmons is pretty bad behind the plate.

Justin Wilson in the 9th. But where are the scouts? Too many empty seats behind home plate - Tiger trade hopes being crushed by the indifference of the radar toting elites.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Sheffield was actually the year before and if memory serves me right he struggled for a few months to start the year.  Honestly though Sheffield's Tigers career is like a blur to me, there's really no moments or anything of him that I really remember. 

He struggled for a month with a .675 OPS in April, but was still terrific at getting on base with a .369 OBP.

In May he slashed .321/.385/.642. From the end of April until his injury in mid August he slashed .299/.387/.542.

He came back to OPS .580 in September. The Tigers were pretty good that year with a healthy Sheffield (and Bonderman). 

Just like 2008 though the pitching **** the bed.

5 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

Sheffield was actually the year before and if memory serves me right he struggled for a few months to start the year.  Honestly though Sheffield's Tigers career is like a blur to me, there's really no moments or anything of him that I really remember. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Gehringer_2 said:

negative X-ray if of course good news, but I still hope he gets a few days off.

If you're going to abuse the ten day DL, here's a good time to do it. I don't know how much he would like that, though.

20 minutes ago, Walewander said:

I completely and totally love this.  I love how the other Venezuelans on the Tigers were trying to get Victor as a Cleveland Indian to calm down and not get hurt. Because these guys look out for each other because they're Venezuelans. 

Baseball fights are like unicorn sightings. Baseball fights are so great because because they're rare, real, and spontaneous. It's total anarchy.  You go to a hockey game and you expect to see a fight, and it's routine and boring and often feels staged. 

Wow thanks for sharing this video. It truly made my day. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

I completely and totally love this.  I love how the other Venezuelans on the Tigers were trying to get Victor as a Cleveland Indian to calm down and not get hurt. Because these guys look out for each other because they're Venezuelans. 

Baseball fights are like unicorn sightings. Baseball fights are so great because because they're rare, real, and spontaneous. It's total anarchy.  You go to a hockey game and you expect to see a fight, and it's routine and boring and often feels staged. 

Wow thanks for sharing this video. It truly made my day. 

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's definitely one of my favorites, too. 

I think this was probably the most intense thing that batboy had ever experienced in his life to that point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Walewander said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it. It's definitely one of my favorites, too. 

I think this was probably the most intense thing that batboy had ever experienced in his life to that point. 

Ha.  I know. He's giving Sheffield that look, as if to say "are you going to really give me that bat or are you going to brain someone with it?"  Yeah, that kid really had the "deer in the headlights"  look on his face.  

• Like 1

I was never a big fan of Brandon Inge but I've got to give him credit in that brawl. He didn't hesitate one second before he went out there to help Sheffield. 

10 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

To be honest, I'm glad he's being forced out of the lineup for a time. A collarbone will heal.

Don't want to see him hurt, but this might be a good means to the end of getting him a few days off.  I kind of question whether he's healthy enough to begin with.

It'd be nice if MartinezV could field a game or three at 1B to offer the club a bit more flexibility.  Mahtook and Presley are playing well.  I'd rather have Adduci in over Romine, but someone has to play 1B and Romine is that guy.  I suppose Avila could with McCann catching, but that doesn't seem as ideal.

8 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Justin Wilson in the 9th. But where are the scouts? Too many empty seats behind home plate - Tiger trade hopes being crushed by the indifference of the radar toting elites.

Hey Brewers and nine or a dozen other MLB teams, did you see that save?  Did you see that electric shutdown arm in play?  Get your prospects lined up and pony up.

9 hours ago, Walewander said:

And no one in the history of the MLB has carried off a long 'do better than Magglio.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RandyMarsh said:

My best memory of Gary was a line drive HR he hit. Into the second row at Comerica. My friend had season tickets and it bounced off of him. I gave him the business when I saw him a couple of days later. My friend lifted his shirt to show my his bruised ribs. The ball also bruised his arm and leg. It really was a missle. 

47 minutes ago, Sports_Freak said:

My best memory of Gary was a line drive HR he hit. Into the second row at Comerica. My friend had season tickets and it bounced off of him. I gave him the business when I saw him a couple of days later. My friend lifted his shirt to show my his bruised ribs. The ball also bruised his arm and leg. It really was a missle. 

Should'of used two hands.