RatkoVarda

JD Traded to Arizona

Just now, lordstanley said:

I stood up and read from Yeats, in anticipation of Avila's rebuild:

Excellent, most excellent indeed!

It's a disappointing return but I am not sure the Tigers could have done better between now and the deadline.  We may have just overestimated the market for an impending free agent.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I see it more as Castellanos moves to first because Miggy moved to DH out of necessity

I can't see Nick playing a good 1B, and I think Avila should move him before they have to pay him his next contract.

3 minutes ago, Hart said:

It's a disappointing return but I am not sure the Tigers could have done better between now and the deadline.  We may have just overestimated the market for an impending free agent.  

I may be proven wrong if other teams do better, but I think this is right. You aren't getting a payload back for a rental. You move someone under team control for a period of time, you may get commensurate value, however. 

2 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

I can't see Nick playing a good 1B, and I think Avila should move him before they have to pay him his next contract.

Is anybody going to give much value up for him though?  I think you just hold onto him rather than sell low and hope his bat develops enough to make him a decent 5 or 6 hitter in the lineup.  

30 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

When hasn't Miguel done what the team asked?

He always has, I just mean that you should easily be able to tell Miguel next year "Hey you're the DH", and he doesn't really have any defensive stats to stand on any sort of huh horse.

1 hour ago, Buddha said:

todd frazier going to the red sox.  if they get more for frazier than we got for jd then avila should be canned.

Is Frazier a rental? It would probably be better if he was because he stinks.

MLB network saying Frazier, Robertson and kahnle?, close to going to the Yankees 

5 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

Lugo is our Moncada...

lol.  that's funny.  or sad.

“We did our research and our homework quite well,” he said. “If you see what’s reported, you might think there were 29 clubs out there knocking the door down — it wasn’t like that. The options were somewhat limited. You have to go with the teams that you feel really want to deal and are willing to put forth the effort to get him.

“We like this package. To risk going to the last couple of days before the deadline to see if something better develops for us wasn’t that important because the deal we got is a good deal.”

avila quoted in detnews

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ballmich said:

It's clear to me that the Tigers need to fire Avila and hire Trump in order to renegotiate this trade agreement. 

meh

I am going to give AA the benefit of the doubt. He is the guy that found JD and he is the same talent evaluater who thinks these 3 are a good return.

4 minutes ago, IdahoBert said:

“We did our research and our homework quite well,” he said. “If you see what’s reported, you might think there were 29 clubs out there knocking the door down — it wasn’t like that. The options were somewhat limited. You have to go with the teams that you feel really want to deal and are willing to put forth the effort to get him.

“We like this package. To risk going to the last couple of days before the deadline to see if something better develops for us wasn’t that important because the deal we got is a good deal.”

avila quoted in detnews

Avila *had* to move JD. If they end up keeping Avila or Wilson I don't tihnk it would really bother Al Avila - but he had to complete a deal for JD.

Now that he has a replacement he can trade Iglesias to the Yankees for Judge.

I would literally rather get to enjoy watching JD Martinez have 200 more at bats for the team than have this pile of crap on the roster next year. This is why rebuilding is not fun unless you have a brilliant GM

• Like 2

Just now, Corky said:

Now that he has a replacement he can trade Iglesias to the Yankees for Judge.

Is that really realistic? I think the Yanks would have to throw in a prospect too....

1 hour ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Not sure how reliable this dude is.

Neil Weinberg said something similar about Alcantara.  Weinberg is a bright guy doesn't usually pretend to know people, for what it's worth.  

It would be extra funny if the Tigers keep winning and end up missing the playoffs by 3 or 4 games with Alcantara going 3-39 in a September call up to pour salt into the wound. Meanwhile JD is going to hit 58 home runs and cure cancer. Thanks Avila

3 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

So it looks like we got 3 slap hitting garbage men for JD Martinez. Great.

I pretty much agree.  They sound like future utility infielders. Hopefully, one of them hits well enough to be a starter.    

Just now, tiger337 said:

I pretty much agree.  They sound like future utility infielders. Hopefully, one of them hits well enough to be a starter.    

"We're really disappointed in Jose Iglesias and Dixon Machado's development"

"What if, get this, we had 3 more of them?"

4 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

Meanwhile JD is going to hit 58 home runs and cure cancer. Thanks Avila

Martinez will Make Arizona Great Again.