RatkoVarda

JD Traded to Arizona

3 minutes ago, Casimir said:

MartinezJD seemed awfully bummed, I think.  Kept his Detroit stuff on for the interview.  Appreciative of the organization and the fans.  Acknowledged the opportunity that the Tigers gave him with the original minor league deal.  Understanding of the situation that the Tigers are in.  Wouldn't rule out a return, but I kind of doubt that the Tigers will be buying.

I don't know anything about these prospects.  But I do know that I'd feel a heck of a lot better if Dave Stewart was still in charge of Arizona.

You never know. If Upton opts out and the pitching comes around the rest of this season I don't think it would be far-fetched for them to take a run at JD as a FA. But I'd want him for left field on a second tour. Not particularly predicting the pitching will, but it certainly could.

2 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

It seems like Nicholas should be trade bait going forward, as it seems like the scouting report posted earlier in the thread seemed to really like Lugo at 3B.

JD has been a consistent offensive force since coming here, as well as the best interview on the team--I'll miss him more than any Tiger in a few decades.

Keep on trading, I guess, until you get a few more top 100 guys in the system?

Or Castellanos could be moving to 1B. 

todd frazier going to the red sox.  if they get more for frazier than we got for jd then avila should be canned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

It seems like Nicholas should be trade bait going forward, as it seems like the scouting report posted earlier in the thread seemed to really like Lugo at 3B.

JD has been a consistent offensive force since coming here, as well as the best interview on the team--I'll miss him more than any Tiger in a few decades.

Keep on trading, I guess, until you get a few more top 100 guys in the system?

I think I want Castellanos to keep improving upon his season.  But I would certainly listen to offers for him.

I want this team to get more 2 way with its position players.  Yes, its tough to do, but I think a bit of a paradigm shift is necessary with the defense.

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

Where does Christian Stewart play eventually?  Who tells Miggy he's moving to DH because of Castellanos?

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/07/tigers-trade-jd-martinez-diamondbacks.html

Good info here on the prospects. tl'dr

MLB.com saw Lugo as a potential UTIL player at one point, but now he's a potential everyday player in MLB.

Alcantara's glove/arm at SS is sure-fire for MLB.

King projects to 50 SB(!) probably as a 2B. (He's only 18 so a lot can happen)

2 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This would seem like the plan for '19 if not '18. And if he doesn't hit well enough in the meantime to hold down 1b, maybe they'll try Stewart there.

1 minute ago, Casimir said:

I think I want Castellanos to keep improving upon his season.  But I would certainly listen to offers for him.

I want this team to get more 2 way with its position players.  Yes, its tough to do, but I think a bit of a paradigm shift is necessary with the defense.

For sure.  I don't think anyone is off the table at this point.

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Where does Christian Stewart play eventually?  Who tells Miggy he's moving to DH because of Castellanos?

I would imagine the manager, whether it be Ausmus or not, who fills out the lineup card tells him he's moving. I imagine after Victor is gone, it will be happening. 

Just now, Motown Bombers said:

I would imagine the manager, whether it be Ausmus or not, who fills out the lineup card tells him he's moving. I imagine after Victor is gone, it will be happening. 

We'll see what happens.

It just seems like it is time to clean house.

3 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

It will be interesting to see what Miguel does this off-season - esp if Victor does not manage to stay on the roster through the end of the season and it looks like DH will be open in '18. If he were to really get serious about re-working his body and habits to stay healthy for another few years - the full Tom Brady so to speak, I'd love to see him stay at 1b - it would probably keep his head and heart in the game more. But who knows?

36 minutes ago, Motown Bombers said:

This trade looks underwhelming. Dombrowski got ripped for his return on Fister but had he actually kept Ray, that would have been a good deal for the Tigers. I'm guessing they see something in these prospects that other don't. I am surprised though with three middle infielders. 

I don't think that's certain.   Ray seems like one of those pitchers that can do well in the NL and probably not the AL. 

It's a big assumption.    It's like tinking Jon Smoltz has the same career with the Tigers that he did with the Braves.   If he pitches for the TIgers in the early 90s, who knows how he would have responded - Tigers were a bad team then, they might have had to lean on Smoltz more than he was ready for - on the Braves he didn't have to carry the load - he was one of many, the pressure was not on him.   

7 minutes ago, Motor City Sonics said:

After this deal was announced GMs from all over the league started calling Al.      Like crows circling a corpse.  

Only themselves to blame. What the **** were they doing? Did they think JD wasn't available?

3 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Only themselves to blame. What the **** were they doing? Did they think JD wasn't available?

No, I mean they are ready to line up and fleece him. 

If we end up trading JD,  Justin Wilson and Alex Avila and don't at least end up with a real everyday Centerfielder, then I am going to cry.  

Just now, Motor City Sonics said:

No, I mean they are ready to line up and fleece him. 

If we end up trading JD,  Justin Wilson and Alex Avila and don't at least end up with a real everyday Centerfielder, then I am going to cry.  

Well they were too late. JD is gone. Alex was never going to get back that much. We shall see with Justin.

after what we got for jd, i dont think i want avila in charge of trading wilson...