RatkoVarda

JD Traded to Arizona

1 minute ago, NickCantCatch said:

No, your just prejudiced baby Shelton.  Go get your smelling salts.  My God we are raising a generation of wimps.   

Says the guy whining on a message board.

3 hours ago, NickCantCatch said:

No, your just prejudiced baby Shelton.  Go get your smelling salts.  My God we are raising a generation of wimps.   

I don't understand your post here.  Are you saying that only wimps are against outdated thinking and logical fallacies?  

27 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

I don't understand your post here.  Are you saying that only wimps are against outdated thinking and logical fallacies?  

I'm against wimps.

1 hour ago, LooseGoose said:

I'm against wimps.

I have no problem with wimps who admit to being wimps and don't complain about it.  

Does anyone think hitting at Fenway surrounded by great hitters in the lineup is helping JD perform better versus hitting at Comerica with Victor as protection ? Doubt he gets pitched to as a Tiger and we would be spending 25 million a year for that and Nick at 3B.

JD is a great hitter but the fit in Detroit wasn't there.

"Protection" is a myth.  Studies by smart people with computers and slide rules and pocket protectors have shown quite conclusively that the batters behind a guy in the order have very little if any impact on his performance. 

As for Fenway, it is not especially kind to batters who hit fly balls to right center, which J.D. does a lot.  He's probably having a lot more fun with the Red Sox than he would have with the woeful Tigers, but I doubt that he's getting a significant boost from either his lineup mates or his new home ballpark.

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

I think he was cross posting and bringing up my reaction to things he said in the Bosio thread. 

The important thing is that Troy Montgomery is terrible and the rebuild is doomed. Also, we would somehow be better off in this rebuild if we had been able enjoy JD’s home runs late last summer. 

Don't forget, this guy played the game for 20 years and saw the 68 championship, so he knows what he’s talking about, and is very much not a wimp. 

Just now, six-hopper said:

"Protection" is a myth.  Studies by smart people with computers and slide rules and pocket protectors have shown quite conclusively that the batters behind a guy in the order have very little if any impact on his performance. 

This isn’t the place for this discussion. Can you start a new thread?

Older generations often seem to think "lived life on easy mode because the generation before me died in vast numbers in a horrible war" makes them non wimp rather than the aforementioned war heroes 

You had to be tough to get a home right out of high school and make the equivalent of a college degree expert level job wage for pushing a button down at the factory, no doubt about it. 

This is really mean and completely unfair but whatever I just want to prove I'm not a wimp who will sit idly by and not respond