RatkoVarda

JD Traded to Arizona

1 hour ago, Charles Liston said:

JD is going to absolutely love it at Fenway next year.

honestly that's like the worst ballpark for him. he would love it in camden yards tho. and probably arizona too.

7 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

i look forward to the 2019 spring training posts of why zimmermann or boyd is still in the rotation while hot prospect X starts in the minors.

Because they're in the best shape of their lives.  

Almost like the season Ivan Rodriguez hit more HR in spring training than he did during the season*.

*not sure if that actually happened, but I think it did, and my narrative is what matters.

I'm already predicting that the first Spring Training fluff piece is going to be about Zimmermann and how they solved the neck issues he's been having and that he feels "better than ever" and that his velocity and command is back.  Then his first start comes and he's still throwing 91 and getting knocked around. 

6 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

honestly that's like the worst ballpark for him. he would love it in camden yards tho. and probably arizona too.

I think that he'll love Fenway and the Red Sox aren't going to let anyone outbid them.

I don't think they're likely to be in the market but the Blue Jays' park in Toronto has been pretty favorable for RH power hitters.  Except the Tigers RH power hitters, of course.

20 hours ago, theroundsquare said:

Because they're in the best shape of their lives.  

Boyd has a new pitch.  

13 hours ago, Charles Liston said:

I think that he'll love Fenway and the Red Sox aren't going to let anyone outbid them.

20 hours ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

According to the park factors, Fenway is a great park for right-handed batters.  Maybe, he would get a couple of home runs taken away by the wall, but he hits a lot of moonshots so he would probably make up for it there.  And Fenway is great for anyone's batting average.  Boston will definitely be in the market for a power hitter too.   

1 hour ago, tiger337 said:

According to the park factors, Fenway is a great park for right-handed batters.  Maybe, he would get a couple of home runs taken away by the wall, but he hits a lot of moonshots so he would probably make up for it there.  And Fenway is great for anyone's batting average.  Boston will definitely be in the market for a power hitter too.   

JD hits so many HRs to RF I think Fenway would take some from him. He's almost like a LHH when it comes to home runs.

Most of his right field homers are fairly close to the line which could be an easy homer in Fenway - not sure because it goes out 380 feet pretty quickly, but but there is also a very shallow area near the Pesky Pole.  At any rate, he'll hit a ton of home runs in any park because he hits the ball far.   

2017&minmax=ci&var=count&balls=-1&strikes=-1&b_hand=-1

Even if Fenway took away some he'd easily make up for it by getting to play 18 games at Yankee Stadium and Camden Yards, two places that have very short RFs. 

saw this on twitter, after JD's latest dinger...

Players with at least a 139 OPS+ each of the last 4 seasons

-Mike Trout

-JD Martinez

• Like 3

With JD being on fire after the trade, and his hot start for the tigers this year after returning from injury, I think he's done enough to get paid big time. 

A month ago I would have said he might find it hard to find a big deal, but not anymore. He just doesn't stop hitting dingers. 

• Like 2

On ‎2017‎-‎09‎-‎13 at 7:24 AM, Shelton said:

With JD being on fire after the trade, and his hot start for the tigers this year after returning from injury, I think he's done enough to get paid big time. 

A month ago I would have said he might find it hard to find a big deal, but not anymore. He just doesn't stop hitting dingers. 

I agree, he's the only hitter who is going to get paid this winter, because he's way way better than everyone else.  He's going to get a good old-fashioned big stupid contract.  Dombrowski won't let anyone else sign him.  

On 9/14/2017 at 4:33 PM, Charles Liston said:

I agree, he's the only hitter who is going to get paid this winter, because he's way way better than everyone else.  He's going to get a good old-fashioned big stupid contract.  Dombrowski won't let anyone else sign him.  

Upton is good too, but I think JD is a better hitter.  Since the Red Sox have no need for Upton's defense, he won't be as interesting to them.  I do hope we are wrong because I like JD and I don't want him playing for the Red Sox.  

We have been blessed with a lot of great hitters lately. JD, Cabrera, peak Victor, Inge, Austin Jackson. The list goes on. 

Not to be overlooked, it was really fun to watch what your namesake Shelton did for half a season plus 2 weeks. 

Just now, Yoda said:

Not to be overlooked, it was really fun to watch what your namesake Shelton did for half a season plus 2 weeks. 

Most fans remember it as just two weeks.  

5 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

Most fans remember it as just two weeks.  

The hope that those two weeks would happen again lasted for half a season.