RatkoVarda

JD Traded to Arizona

Well, Lugo appears to be the best of the bunch. Alcantara is supposedly a great defensive SS.

boo

My first impression is that this is an awful deal, but I will wait for the prospects experts to weigh in.  

• Like 2

What a ******* joke of a deal.  I remember when i said the time to deal him was two ******* year ago.  They basically just gave him away.  **** Avila. Moron.

• Like 3

I really thought we might get Leyba back, seems like a mistake that we didn't, considering the guys we did get. 

What in the name of freaking mother effing hellscape is going on here....there was nothing better? There's no patiently waiting till the deadline to see a team get desperate?

Avila and the Tigers are getting RIPPED up and down on Twitter.  Not one person saying at this point that this deal makes even a SHRED of sense for the Tigers.

What. The. ****.

4 minutes ago, MDMAzing said:

What a ******* joke of a deal.  I remember when i said the time to deal him was two ******* year ago.  They basically just gave him away.  **** Avila. Moron.

I swear to the heavens you're a clone of me.....

This must be how it felt to be on the receiving end of a Tigers/Dombrowski deal.  We have been plaaaaaaaaayed and Avila is out over his skis here.  

Please fire him before he tries to do something else!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, RatkoVarda said:

I would rather have 2.5 months of JD + the comp pick in 2018 instead of that.

That is what I am thinking.  

The tigers futility is just getting started.  Huge mistake allowing Avila to do any of this.  

Years of suck has arrived.  

3 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

I was hoping and expecting more.

Intrigued by Lugo tho. Seems like he's a solid defender at SS/3B and can hit the ball. Maybe a guy that's average power, below average walks, above average everywhere else.

Scouting Report

I was hoping for more, but I wasn't expecting more.

Jim Callis just went on MLB Network and says the D'Backs got J.D. "cheaply". He also said he's surprised the Tigers did not get more. Obviously, Callis doesn't follow the Tigers organization very closely.