roarintiger1

2017 Trade Deadline Thread

3 minutes ago, rhino said:

I keep reading this, which coincides with my feeling that AA is valuing our players too high. I felt he did it with Kinsler asking for Bellinger. We keep hearing in regard to JV and JD too.

that's a good quality, imo.  We're not forced to do anything, and the closer we get to the deadline, the market will correct itself.  Right now, you shoot for the moon.  You might get it--just ask the White Sox.

24 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

that's a good quality, imo.  We're not forced to do anything, and the closer we get to the deadline, the market will correct itself.  Right now, you shoot for the moon.  You might get it--just ask the White Sox.

I agree.  I'd hate to hear that AA was interested in the rumored offerings.  Everbody starts very close to the poles and eventually works towards the center if one exists.

6 minutes ago, Who is the Drizzle? said:

I'd **guess** that this is not a sure thing....if they get on a streak right now and gain a couple of games on the playoffs, I think trade plans would change.

I think we'll probably deal away someone no matter what....probably Justin Wilson is gone either way.

Couple other things I saw but not sure have been posted.

Said Cubs offered same package for Quintana to Tigers for Fulmer.

AA says probability of trading Fulmer is probably 0%.

2 minutes ago, Buddha said:

i wonder if we could get that wily adames guy from tampa?

Get 'er done DD

Just now, Who is the Drizzle? said:

Couple other things I saw but not sure have been posted.

Said Cubs offered same package for Quintana to Tigers for Fulmer.

AA says probability of trading Fulmer is probably 0%.

AA passes the basic intelligence test.

2 minutes ago, sabretooth said:

I think we'll probably deal away someone no matter what....probably Justin Wilson is gone either way.

I think even with a win streak, unless said streak gets us within a game or 2 of the division, JD and JWil are gone. They just have too much value. Alex too probably if it's a worthwhile offer.

Nightengale predicts trades:

Tigers: J.D. Martinez, Wilson on move

The trade blueprint teams had all along was to pick off all the Kansas City Royals' potential free agents. The Royals went 7-16 in April, scoring just 63 runs, their fewest in a calendar month since April, 1992.

Well, a funny thing has happened ever since. The Royals started winning and have climbed so far out of their hole that they actually have engaged in the bidding for Gray, too. They’re not expected to make a major move, but they’ve thwarted a whole lot of plans by hanging onto their players, making one last run.

The Tigers have begun winning since the break, but it’s too late. Tigers officials say they plan to move left-handed reliever Justin Wilson, outfielder J.D. Martinez and catcher Alex Avila. Wilson easily is drawing the most interest, with about 12 teams bidding for him, led by the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers.

Prediction: The Astros acquire Wilson, who’s under control through 2018 for outfield prospect Derek Fisher. 

Martinez is the most valuable position player available. He’s hitting .308 with 16 homers and a 1.025 OPS [on-base-plus slugging percentage] in his first 229 plate appearances this season.

The Dodgers, Boston Red Sox and Arizona Diamondbacks have shown the most interest in the rent-a-player who’ll be a free agent after the season.

Prediction: The Diamondbacks, who have dropped 11 of their last 14 games, grab Martinez, giving up outfield prospect Socrates Brito and pitching prospect Curtis Taylor.

Nightengale

So we're just going to let Avila re-build this team?  Anybody have confidence in that?  I'd rather play the season out and let the next GM figure it out.

1 minute ago, azzurri said:

So we're just going to let Avila re-build this team?  Anybody have confidence in that?  I'd rather play the season out and let the next GM figure it out.

Avila is getting his chance to rebuild it. 

28 minutes ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Faria is a back end guy, no thanks

Faria is pretty good.  Got the TIgers.  He's better than his stuff.

That Nightingale thing is not nearly enough for JD.  DBacks don't have the prospects to trade for JD, if you ask me.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, azzurri said:

That is letting Avila and JD go for nothing.  Contracts end this year.

If you can get Derek fisher for justin Wilson, make that deal. 

Brito for JD would also be nice. 

You could plug both of those guys into the lineup today. 

4 minutes ago, cruzer1 said:

I'm not a big fan of Brito.

He's decent I think. Not an all star, but he can play CF and RF. Good speed. Seems a bit like Austin Jackson but with an arm. 

1 hour ago, Keepleyland2 said:

Faria is a back end guy, no thanks

Nothing wrong with that. I'm more of a **** guy myself, but I don't begrudge him his preferences....

• Like 1

I feel like the Tigers are keeping the Fulmer rumors alive to see if the fanbase would accept a real teardown. Of course Henning endorses it because it's punishment for their past success. Olney says it would be a bad signal to the fanbase.

13 minutes ago, kdog said:

I feel like the Tigers are keeping the Fulmer rumors alive to see if the fanbase would accept a real teardown. Of course Henning endorses it because it's punishment for their past success. Olney says it would be a bad signal to the fanbase.

All the fanbase wants is what is best for the TIgers.