Deleterious

Avery Bradley traded to Detroit

1 minute ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Pretty much this. The Pistons couldn't run out the same team and expect different results. Chemistry is so important in basketball, and what they had wasnt working.

they traded one of the chemistry problems, the other one remains their starting pg.

• Like 1

Just now, Buddha said:

so you traded morris and kcp for one year of avery bradley.  is that really a good deal?

When you factor in the alternative, **** yes.

The alternative is handcuffing yourself with another maximum contract on a team approaching the luxury line to a guy who shot 39 percent from the floor last season. If KCP continues to be a chucker, that max deal could've easily been worse than Drummond's. And I am no fan of Drummond, lol.

Could he improve and be better than Bradley? Sure. I like KCP. But giving him a max deal was also very risky, and it appeared to me from the beginning that SVG was never willing to go there. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Shooting is mechanics and repetition, augmented by good conditioning. 

thats why everyone in the nba is a great three point shooter.  all the players who arent are just lazy.

1 minute ago, Buddha said:

thats why everyone in the nba is a great three point shooter.  all the players who arent are just lazy.

Show me the bad shooters and I'll show you the flaws in their mechanics. 

I think being an elite shooter like a Steph Curry is something that is just God given but I would imagine most if not all NBA players have enough natural talent, athleticism and hand eye coordination that they could develop into atleast passable shooters if given the right coaching and putting in the effort.   Of course I think that about free throw shooting too yet here we are with Drummond.

2 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Show me the bad shooters and I'll show you the flaws in their mechanics. 

so?

the dispute is not over what is a bad shooter, the dispute is over how easily correctable that is and how many players can do it.

Something interesting happened with the Pistons?  I must be dreaming.

I'm a little shocked that it only took Morris to get Bradley.  I'm guessing this means that KCP is as good as gone.  Very interesting deal, still trying to process it.  So what does the cap situation look like now?  Del?

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I think being an elite shooter like a Steph Curry is something that is just God given but I would imagine most if not all NBA players have enough natural talent, athleticism and hand eye coordination that they could develop into atleast passable shooters if given the right coaching and putting in the effort.   Of course I think that about free throw shooting too yet here we are with Drummond.

Curry's father, Del, had the quickest release I had ever seen for years and years.  Steph, who has been around the NBA his whole life, perfected it through years of practice and exposure to top coaches and talent. 

Think of it as you would Ken Griffey--to-Ken Griffey Jr. in terms of hitting a baseball. Evolution of a craft. 

So Boston is including a 2019 2nd round pick in this deal.

We owe Boston a 2nd rounder in 2019.  I bet they are just letting us keep it.

We actually traded it to OKC in the Reggie deal, and they traded it to Boston in the Perry Jones trade.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Something interesting happened with the Pistons?  I must be dreaming.

I'm a little shocked that it only took Morris to get Bradley.  I'm guessing this means that KCP is as good as gone.  Very interesting deal, still trying to process it.  So what does the cap situation look like now?  Del?

Boston had to clear some cap space to sign Hayward.  

New figures have been added.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-PjM10S9dABMMeZ4qyNxp2-wN8j5I0qdELRs8qKrxsY/edit?usp=sharing

Pistons have renounced their rights to KCP so he is a UFA and for sure gone. KCP is asking        25 Mil + Nets and Lakers are interested in KCP

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Still in a rough spot.  As glad as I am to have Bradley, I wish it was Tobias and his contract going the other way.

Still over the cap.  But the good news is they should be under the luxury tax line this year.  

That is good since it means we enter repeat payer status a year later.  

Just now, NYLion said:

Still in a rough spot.  As glad as I am to have Bradley, I wish it was Tobias and his contract going the other way.

The day is young. 

But on the real, I don't see Harris being moved unless it is for another SF.  They need his scoring now more than ever. 

6 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Curry's father, Del, had the quickest release I had ever seen for years and years.  Steph, who has been around the NBA his whole life, perfected it through years of practice and exposure to top coaches and talent. 

Think of it as you would Ken Griffey--to-Ken Griffey Jr. in terms of hitting a baseball. Evolution of a craft. 

its almost like there is something besides just repetition...curry was a great shooter and his dad was too...

so why cant tony allen shoot?  is it because he just doesnt try hard enough?  does memphis just not try to make him a better shooter?

Just now, MAROTH4MVP said:

Pistons have renounced their rights to KCP so he is a UFA and for sure gone. KCP is asking 25 Mil +

Yeah, that is completely silly.  The market just doesn't support him asking for that price.

Just now, Deleterious said:

Still over the cap.  But the good news is they should be under the luxury tax line this year.  

That is good since it means we enter repeat payer status a year later.  

Good point about the luxury tax.

I'm confused about one thing.  Why are they renouncing KCP's rights?  They couldn't do a sign and trade? 

Just now, NYLion said:

Good point about the luxury tax.

I'm confused about one thing.  Why are they renouncing KCP's rights?  They couldn't do a sign and trade? 

It looks like you can still S&T players you renounced.

And they did it to help him probably.  Knowing the Pistons cant match might get him some offers he wouldn't have received if that match threat was still there.

They might also be gearing up for another trade and need his cap hold off the books to take on some salary.  

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

And they did it to help him probably.  Knowing the Pistons cant match might get him some offers he wouldn't have received if that match threat was still there.

They might also be gearing up for another trade and need his cap hold off the books to take on some salary.  

Hoping for another move.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Interesting, I didn't know that they can sign and trade a pending UFA but I see an Olynk situation where he quickly signs with another team and the Pistons get bupkis.

This has to be some kind of domino effect I would think.  Losing Morris+KCP for Bradley doesn't pass the sniff test and they have three PG's tying up a lot of salary so I'm guessing that there will be another trade or two to come.

Reading different journalists and fans thoughts on this.

It seems like Bradley is a real professional in the locker room.  Serious worker, constantly working to improve different aspects of his game.  

The Pistons can use a guy like that in their locker room.  

8 minutes ago, Buddha said:

its almost like there is something besides just repetition...curry was a great shooter and his dad was too...

so why cant tony allen shoot?  is it because he just doesnt try hard enough?  does memphis just not try to make him a better shooter?

His mechanics are awful and inconsistent. 

Nice, I think KCP was my favorite player on the team, he at least showed effort all the time, but this trade and losing him really helps out. Locking him in to such a large contract would have been really tough, Bradley is a better player at this time and with Morris gone this leaves minutes for Johnson/Ellenson, the Pistons should be able to see what they have at least with those guys getting minutes. Cap situation is cleaned up for at least another year.

I was beginning to think SVG was losing it, he's redeemed himself with this trade. Now if they can get rid of Leuer for something.