Deleterious

Avery Bradley traded to Detroit

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

RPM hates him too.  Although, RPM isn't very friendly to KCP either.  I still say both suffer on DRPM because every night both have to guard the best offensive guard from the other team.  They rarely get a night off to pad their stats like most guys do now and then.

And it's a fair critique of Bradley.  But this team could use some efficiency, it can use a guy to knock down an open jumper.  

Completely agree on the D stats, that's one of the issues defensive analytics typically have in football and basketball both

I'm ok with the trade, but t costs us two players for an older, slightly better version of our guy at best.

On 4/1/2017 at 7:25 PM, Sydney_Fife said:

I'd personally love to see us trade Drummond to Boston for Avery Bradley. 

Bradley is a great defender and is shooting above 40 percent from distance this year. He's also only a couple years older than KCP. 

Boston is a terrible rebounding team. They're about to pay IT this summer, plus they have Smart, Rozier, and likely another guard with the Nets pick. Bradley with a year left on his deal is expendable.

If you pull that off, I'd let KCP walk. Let him take the max deal with Brooklyn or Philly. I'll take Bradley at 1/3 of the price. 

Id turn around and find a center. They could sign back Baynes. But you'd definitely take the money saved and sign a shooter. Korver is available and could be had. He'd be a great fit off the bench with Ish. 

• Like 1

You know, if Baynes came back and they were still under the luxury tax, it might be a possibility.  I think he would have to come back starting at under $8.5M this year.  

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Would Bradley be considered a "much better" defender than KCP?

SLightly better probably. Bradley maybe better vs PGs, KCP better vs SFs??

• Like 1

Just now, Nastradamus said:

SLightly better probably. Bradley maybe better vs PGs, KCP better vs SFs??

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Again I disagree. Hayward was a splash move and a "name" 

Bradley is a very solid 2 way player. And a 39 percent three point shooter on 5 attempts a game. The Pistons desperately needed that.

They did not sign Hayward to "splash" anything.

Marcus Morris was great value on the contract he was on. I liked his defense and toughness. But he was a black hole offensively. Did not fit in well with the offense with all his isolation plays. 

KCP is a good player, but Bradley is better. I think Del said something like, "he's what we hope KCP turns into". I totally agree with that.

The bottom line is for the Pistons is that they shed salary and got better. And that's 2 things they desperately needed to do.

7 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

RPM hates him too.  Although, RPM isn't very friendly to KCP either.  I still say both suffer on DRPM because every night both have to guard the best offensive guard from the other team.  They rarely get a night off to pad their stats like most guys do now and then.

And it's a fair critique of Bradley.  But this team could use some efficiency, it can use a guy to knock down an open jumper.  

Meant to also say, CARMELO is mostly RPM based again this year

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

They did not sign Hayward to "splash" anything.

4/128 isn't a splash?

They will miss Bradley. Silly business in my opinion. Bradley was the last guy I would've moved if I were them. Who guards Irving now? Smart? He cannot shoot at all. Bradley can! 

And they still have no center. No extension for IT. Bizarre moves from Ainge, in my opinion.

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

4/128 isn't a splash?

They will miss Bradley. Silly business in my opinion. Bradley was the last guy I would've moved if I were them. Who guards Irving now? Smart? He cannot shoot at all. Bradley can! 

And they still have no center. No extension for IT. Bizarre moves from Ainge, in my opinion.

What does contract have to do with it? He was signed because he's an incredible, all star level player. Not for some sort of name value.

Sure, they'll miss Bradley, but they have a bunch of guard and perimeter defenders. They'll move on pretty easily. You can't dump Crowder or Smart, so Bradley had to go, especially with an extension looming. I've been saying it for weeks. He was alway the one with the least value.

3 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

god dammit TP...

:D

Honestly, I think this is a great move.  @Sydney_Fife pretty much summarized my thoughts on the trade.  Morris was redundant at this point, and KCP is just too inconsistent to give him a huge contract. 

I wonder how Avery feels about this deal...

8 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

What does contract have to do with it? He was signed because he's an incredible, all star level player. Not for some sort of name value.

Sure, they'll miss Bradley, but they have a bunch of guard and perimeter defenders. They'll move on pretty easily. You can't dump Crowder or Smart, so Bradley had to go, especially with an extension looming. I've been saying it for weeks. He was alway the one with the least value.

One of the best defenders in the league at his position who shot 39 percent on 5 triples a game. Cheap contract for a year and they can negotiate an extension and back load the **** out of it.

Okay.

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

One of the best defenders in the league at his position who shot 39 percent on 5 triples a game. Cheap contract for a year and they can negotiate an extension and back load the **** out of it.

Okay.

Lol, big picture my friend

4 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

:D

Honestly, I think this is a great move.  @Sydney_Fife pretty much summarized my thoughts on the trade.  Morris was redundant at this point, and KCP is just too inconsistent to give him a huge contract. 

I wonder how Avery feels about this deal...

Its reasonable for sure

It was obvious to everyone who watched this team on a nightly basis that they needed a shakeup. I expect another move to be honest.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

It was obvious to everyone who watched this team on a nightly basis that they needed a shakeup. I expect another move to be honest.

who else is flexible at this point? I think this might be it. They got a bit cheaper and they added shooting at 3 spots. I think the rest is hope to god that SJ, Ellenson and Leuer do better and of course, Reggie is healthy. Revisit at the deadline

Where each player got his shots at.  

Impressed with the number of at the rim attempts for Bradley and the high finish rate.  I wonder if that has anything to do with his rebounding rate.  He averaged 1.2 offensive rebounds per game last year, which is crazy high for a guard.

suMigdJ.png

44 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You know, if Baynes came back and they were still under the luxury tax, it might be a possibility.  I think he would have to come back starting at under $8.5M this year.  

gotta trade away Boban then...

Seriously...I don't get any criticism about SVGM. His trades have all been phenomenal.

Glad to be rid of Morris, ok with losing KCP. Just don't have faith in him being consistent. The last two years he had injuries and fell off afterwards. Just doesn't seem to be mentally strong.