Deleterious

Avery Bradley traded to Detroit

1 minute ago, Nastradamus said:

So Morris and KCP for a slightly lesser KCP who will probably get paid slightly less? Its ok I guess...

You don't think Bradley is better?

More consistent, better scorer/shooter, better defender.  Injury history is a concern.  Pistons are very small at the guard spot now.

6'5 Jackson

6'1 Ish

6'2 Galloway

6'2 Bradley

Just now, Sydney_Fife said:

Do they attempt to sign and trade KCP now?

They will be about $14.7M under the hard cap, so they do have room to play with if they want to do something like that.

That also opens up KCP to teams that don't have cap space to sign him outright.  

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

You don't think Bradley is better?

More consistent, better scorer/shooter, better defender.  Injury history is a concern.  Pistons are very small at the guard spot now.

6'5 Jackson

6'1 Ish

6'2 Galloway

6'2 Bradley

I don't know if I'd call him a better scorer. He's more efficient, but he almost never does anything besides stand there and hit open 3s. You're definitely hoping for an improvement from KCP at this point(he's about 3 years younger).

For some reason the analytics reallys seem to hate Bradley. CARMELO has him worth 5/20, KCP 5/90

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I wasn't confused for a minute because the espn trade machine said it wouldn't work. 

I'm hoping there is a way to sign and trade KCP to get something back because losing KCP and MOrris for Bradley seems like a lateral move at best. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

I'm hoping there is a way to sign and trade KCP to get something back because losing KCP and MOrris for Bradley seems like a lateral move at best. 

I disagree. Bradley is the best 2 way SG in the league outside of Thompson

The Pistons can still use some of the MLE and the biannual exception to sign a replacement for Morris. 

1 minute ago, RandyMarsh said:

Yah, I mean you're basically looking to get a little more flexible financially and get Stanley, Kennard and Galloway more minutes I guess

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

I disagree. Bradley is the best 2 way SG in the league outside of Thompson

Lets just say if the Celtics felt this way they don't do this deal, Hayward or no Hayward.

5 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

I don't know if I'd call him a better scorer. He's more efficient, but he almost never does anything besides stand there and hit open 3s. You're definitely hoping for an improvement from KCP at this point(he's about 3 years younger).

For some reason the analytics reallys seem to hate Bradley. CARMELO has him worth 5/20, KCP 5/90

RPM hates him too.  Although, RPM isn't very friendly to KCP either.  I still say both suffer on DRPM because every night both have to guard the best offensive guard from the other team.  They rarely get a night off to pad their stats like most guys do now and then.

And it's a fair critique of Bradley.  But this team could use some efficiency, it can use a guy to knock down an open jumper.  

2 minutes ago, Nastradamus said:

Lets just say if the Celtics felt this way they don't do this deal, Hayward or no Hayward.

Again I disagree. Hayward was a splash move and a "name" 

Bradley is a very solid 2 way player. And a 39 percent three point shooter on 5 attempts a game. The Pistons desperately needed that.

• Like 2