ROMAD1

POTUS 25th Amendment Watch

19 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

You act like the ban is permanent. A president is well within his powers to do what Trump is proposing- on a temporary basis. No one that I know of is suggesting this is a permanent ban and no one is saying this is a ban on all immigrants.

How long do you propose the ban lasts and at what point does it end?

21 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

They don't pay anybody's bills.  It is a two-way street. They pay people wages in exchange for their services.  

Attacking them does nothing for other people's wages.

15 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

How long do you propose the ban lasts and at what point does it end?

I believe as written it's a 90 day ban from the named countries, along with a 120 day ban on refugees, while cutting the refugees accepted in 2017 to 50,000 from Obama's 110,000. My understanding of the intent is to give the government additional time to develop screening measures to more appropriately vet both refugees and those non-refugees from the affected countries. 

The problem with all of this is that the average person hears "ban" and thinks it's permanent. It is not. But it is also well within the president's rights to institute in order to protect the country. The reason it got the negative press it got was because Trump directed it at Muslims. But as I have said countless times, Irish Catholics or Protestant Europeans are not the ones perpetrating the attacks. Where I come from, you call a spade a spade. You can call it discriminatory, but those are the individuals perpetrating the attacks. 

The unfortunate part of this whole situation is that any bad actors that wanted to work their way into the country have now had ample time to get in while our leftist courts wrangle with the rights of people who really aren't even afforded rights under our laws in the first place. Again, our backwards policy has been to care more about the rights and feelings of others than we do about ourselves. We should be in the business of protecting this country before we worry about the rights of people who aren't even here legally yet. 

28 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

I believe as written it's a 90 day ban from the named countries, along with a 120 day ban on refugees, while cutting the refugees accepted in 2017 to 50,000 from Obama's 110,000. My understanding of the intent is to give the government additional time to develop screening measures to more appropriately vet both refugees and those non-refugees from the affected countries. 

The problem with all of this is that the average person hears "ban" and thinks it's permanent. It is not. But it is also well within the president's rights to institute in order to protect the country. The reason it got the negative press it got was because Trump directed it at Muslims. But as I have said countless times, Irish Catholics or Protestant Europeans are not the ones perpetrating the attacks. Where I come from, you call a spade a spade. You can call it discriminatory, but those are the individuals perpetrating the attacks. 

The unfortunate part of this whole situation is that any bad actors that wanted to work their way into the country have now had ample time to get in while our leftist courts wrangle with the rights of people who really aren't even afforded rights under our laws in the first place. Again, our backwards policy has been to care more about the rights and feelings of others than we do about ourselves. We should be in the business of protecting this country before we worry about the rights of people who aren't even here legally yet. 

I'll call a spade a spade too.  White American men kill way more Americans in America than Muslim immigrants do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

Down right scary, this.  You're basically advocating for a trump dictatorship.  The ban mentality is so crazy to me.  By your logic, I should consider you a foreigner and ask for you to be deported based on what ever ancestry you are.  You ain't Native American. So you should get out, and you should pay for the flight.  

You scream America but then vomit nonsense that goes against everything America was founded upon.  

You know who scares me the most?  Rich white men.  

I'll say sheep white men

It's been way more than 90 days since they started trying to do this "ban". Why didn't they develop those screening measures in the meantime?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VegasTiger said:

It's been way more than 90 days since they started trying to do this "ban". Why didn't they develop those screening measures in the meantime?

Do we know for certain that they aren't?  So far, it's looking like SCOTUS might be favorable to the administration re this law.

Just now, Melody said:

Do we know for certain that they aren't?  So far, it's looking like SCOTUS might be favorable to the administration re this law.

They asked for 90 days. It's been more than 90 days. Can't make it clearer.

• Like 2

I think the plan is for the ban to be permanent  What is going to happen in 90 days to make it stop?  If nothing bad happens, they are going to say: "see, it works" Security measures are rarely temporary.  

I work at a university with hundreds of Muslims and they do not scare me at all. 20% of the world is Muslim.  It is ludicrous to be scared of all of them. Anyway, I do not think a ban will help with security.  Intelligence needs to track down the bad guys and stop them before an incident occurs.  I believe they have been doing that and that is why there have been limited attacks on American soil.  Vetting is good too.  Banning races and religions is Un-American and unnecessary.  It is just a way to placate people who fear those who are different from them.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tiger337 said:

If there is a ban, it will be permanent.  What is going to happen in 90 days to make it stop?  Security measures are rarely temporary.  

I work at a university with hundreds of Muslims and they do not scare me at all. 20% of the world is Muslim.  It is ludicrous to be scared of all of them. Anyway, I do not think a ban will help with security.  Intelligence needs to track down the bad guys and stop them before an incident occurs.  I believe they have been doing that and that is why there have been limited attacks on American soil.  Vetting is good too.  Banning races and religions is Un-American and unnecessary.  It is just a way to placate people who fear those who are different from them.  

There is nothing that suggests this will be a permanent ban. The executive order was not permanent, none of the language or discussions around it have suggested permanent. Permanent would not fly.

The argument can be made that they've had 90 days to figure it out. Of course, the bad guys have also had plenty of time to get in while the EO was being stricken down by the courts. 

1 hour ago, stanpapi said:

Attacking them does nothing for other people's wages.

I didnt attack them.  I just don't worship them.  Job creators are necessary, but workers are too.  

27 minutes ago, pfife said:

I'll call a spade a spade too.  White American men kill way more Americans in America than Muslim immigrants do.

People generally don't voluntarily step off of street corners into oncoming traffic either. Doesn't make sense to consciously allow them in when we can't properly screen them. 

1 minute ago, stanpapi said:

There is nothing that suggests this will be a permanent ban. The executive order was not permanent, none of the language or discussions around it have suggested permanent. Permanent would not fly.

The argument can be made that they've had 90 days to figure it out. Of course, the bad guys have also had plenty of time to get in while the EO was being stricken down by the courts. 

It will take years to figure it out.  Nothing is going to be figured out in 90 days.  

58 minutes ago, Melody said:

With this administration, I'll believe it when I see it.

7 hours ago, stanpapi said:

People generally don't voluntarily step off of street corners into oncoming traffic either. Doesn't make sense to consciously allow them in when we can't properly screen them. 

Not following this.

7 hours ago, stanpapi said:

You must not live in Ann Arbor, MI then, because people step off of street corners into oncoming traffic all the damn time here.

There's no evidence we can't properly screen them, and there's no evidence that they will do better after 90 days.  There is evidence that we are screening them properly - it's that refugees from those nations haven't committed attacks in our country.

We have to the toughest screening of immigrants than any other country in the world.

Outside of the 9/11 attackers, the overwhelming majority of of "terrorist" attacks in this country have been home grown. Second generation. I would wager the parents were supporters of conservative, GOP leaders (at least from my interaction with Middle East immigrant businessmen and others)

Maybe the administration should take a look at internal causes. What attracts conservative offspring to groups like ISIS.

But that would ruin the entire administration narritave.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Shall we ban white Americans well?  They seem to more active in these attacks than any Muslim you're worried about.  Of the countries on the banned list, how many attacks from those countries have happened on US soil in the past 20 years?

10 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

Must have run out of room for "cuck" and "Marxist".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pfife said:

You must not live in Ann Arbor, MI

Ann Arbor is liberal, thus isn't a real city and its people fake Americans, so anything they do doesn't count.

1 hour ago, T&P_Fan said:

Shall we ban white Americans well?  They seem to more active in these attacks than any Muslim you're worried about.  Of the countries on the banned list, how many attacks from those countries have happened on US soil in the past 20 years?

None, but they are poor countries that are no use to us and can be easily pushed around.  Saudi Arabia was responsible for 911 but we need to make deals with them, so they're cool.  

This is good sarcasm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk