ROMAD1

POTUS 25th Amendment Watch

Raise your hand if you suspect Donnie may have had a heads-up, too. 

? ? ? 

He really is a tool.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, Melody said:

How tall is he?

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.  6'2".  Yeah, 239 sounds kind of low.  LOL. Not much muscle there at any rate.

Neither fat nor 70 year-old bones are very dense. I buy it.

21 hours ago, stanpapi said:

Nuke Canada? Sure, but only the french part. So pompous.

That's because you were wearing your MAGA cap  They are usually nice people.  

On 1/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, Melody said:

How tall is he?

Edit:  Nevermind, found it.  6'2".  Yeah, 239 sounds kind of low.  LOL. Not much muscle there at any rate.

It is 6-3 239.  That comes out to a BMI of 29.9.  30 would be obese, so if they put down at anything more than 239, they would have had to classify him as obese.  

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Melody said:

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/01/17/donald-trump-cognitive-exam-test/

Article about the mental screening done at Trump's exam.  High level, but informative.  I had wondered what test was used.

This was the exact same test they used to give my MIL.  She had it memorized and could ace it, even after it was clear that she was very cognitively impaired.   And I'm not kidding, even when she no longer recognized her kids, she never lost the ability to do fairly complex mathematical calculations in her head.  

It is pretty amazing what happens to the mind.  I can ask my mother her age, her birthday, how many children she has and she has no clue.  I can ask her to spell any word and then ask what the third letter of the word is and she has no problem.  The other day, my father mispronounced a word and she corrected him.   She was always very good with language and has retained a lot of that (when she can get the words out).  It is like she is living two lives at the same time.  

29 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Raise your hand if you suspect Donnie may have had a heads-up, too. 

? ? ? 

He really is a tool.

My MIL didn’t have a heads-up per se. But she did have enough ... basic instincts ? ... to be able to anticipate and pass the test.  A lot also depends on the area of the brain from which the issues originate.  Frontal lobe damage, for example, doesn’t necessarily impair intellect per se, but definitely impairs self control and decision making.  She could understand that peeing herself was bad (for lack of a better word), but her remedy might be to try to hide it by trying to flush her wet clothing.  Or, one example of many, the time we took her out to lunch and a young man was there wearing one of those wrap skirts commonly seen in Pacific Island countries and she asked (loudly!) “Do you know what that man is wearing that?”  We cringed anticipating her next statement.  “BECAUSE HE IS ****!”   OMG.   We were constantly feeling the need to apologize for her, but eventually took the attitude that people needed to recognize her condition and give some grace. 

All that said, she was a nursing home patient and not the President. 

Edit: * hoe mow

7 minutes ago, tiger337 said:

It is pretty amazing what happens to the mind.  I can ask my mother her age, her birthday, how many children she has and she has no clue.  I can ask her to spell any word and then ask what the third letter of the word is and she has no problem.  The other day, my father mispronounced a word and she corrected him.   She was always very good with language and has retained a lot of that (when she can get the words out).  It is like she is living two lives at the same time.  

I understand completely!

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

That's because you were wearing your MAGA cap  They are usually nice people.  

you need to turn your sarcasm detector on. It appears to be malfunctioning....

28 minutes ago, stanpapi said:

you need to turn your sarcasm detector on. It appears to be malfunctioning....

Mine is fine.  Yours is malfunctioning!

I responded to sarcasm with sarcasm.  

2 hours ago, tiger337 said:

Yes... my father knows I’m his daughter, but if I ask him my name, he says “Lucy”  - the dog’s name.  But I can throw numbers at him, and he adds them in his head.  He’s starting to lose that now - you have to pick your times. 

It is an amazing thing to deal with, dementia.  Frustrating, but there’s humor at times, if you let yourself feel it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

Yes... my father knows I’m his daughter, but if I ask him my name, he says “Lucy”  - the dog’s name.  But I can throw numbers at him, and he adds them in his head.  He’s starting to lose that now - you have to pick your times. 

It is an amazing thing to deal with, dementia.  Frustrating, but there’s humor at times, if you let yourself feel it.

Dementia is not what I thought it was.  Before I dealt with my mother, my image of dementia patients was people with nothing in their mind and just staring into space.  It turns out that many of them actually have very active minds.   And there is definitely some humor.  My mother still knows how to take shots at my father which he loves.  

• Like 2

I’m not suspecting any foul play by the doctor.  I just can’t go there.  

11 minutes ago, smr-nj said:

It is remarkable.  One of those things you have to have personal experience with to "get."   It isn't that they are no longer smart. And it isn't a steady decline.  It's like a roller coaster, and they are still so freaking smart.  It's just kind of twisted in a way.

My mom's cousin had early onset Alzheimer's.   They live in a very small town, but when he got to the point of showing up in his tighty whities on a regular basis at the high school (where he had been a coach before he got sick), or walking into neighbors' homes undressed ... he was put into a memory care unit.  He kept escaping and walking home or to the high school!  The thing is that he was smart enough to figure it out, but would tell how he did it.  First, it was that he was able to watch and memorize the code the aides were using to exit the memory care unit.  Then, he found a way to get out of the fence in the outdoor garden area.  But he showed his wife how he did it.   

9 hours ago, Oblong said:

I’m not suspecting any foul play by the doctor.  I just can’t go there.  

He's not a Trump appointee. He had the same role for Obama and Bush. It's a shame that our level of distrust of this administration is so high that it would even cross anybody's mind that he would fudge this.

7 minutes ago, Edman85 said:

He's not a Trump appointee. He had the same role for Obama and Bush. It's a shame that our level of distrust of this administration is so high that it would even cross anybody's mind that he would fudge this.

The doctor was put into a no-win situation when Trump politicized his exam by asking for an additional cognitive exam and ordering him to release the results.  I don't blame the doctor all.

On 1/6/2018 at 4:34 PM, stanpapi said:

C43KR_MWQAEyQzW.jpg

The one thing that would make this cartoon more accurate is to show the Republican and business leadership hightailing it the other way behind the cameras, with big grins on their faces and big bags with dollars signs on them in their arms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

I've seen people who've worked in the Obama admin speak about what a great guy he is and to trust him... Axelrod, etc.

This is kind of a litmus test to me on whether to listen to certain people now.

I

1 hour ago, Edman85 said:

This. On one hand, I understand skepticism of anything coming out of the Executive Branch at this point given how much the President and his people lie. They literally cannot be trusted.

On the other hand, as you mentioned, Dr. Jackson is a non-political appointment and is doing his job. Many of the same people questioning Jackson are the same people who bemoan (correctly) TRUMP impugning the motives of career FBI, and it strikes me as hypocritical to do the same to a Doctor who examined TRUMP.

I’m not questioning the doctor. I’m just putting out there that it’s not beyond possible that Trump & Co. could have come up with the idea to “request” the mental test at the physical, and that he could have been prepped for it.   It just feels like this is something he’d try. ? If it didn’t work out, he doesn’t have the doctor bring it up.

As for the rest of it. -  Let’s face it... the physical results  are what they are, and we all know people who live their lives eating / drinking / drugging / smoking, etc. but ARE blessed with those “good genes”.   So, he’ll keep enjoying his KFC, ?why not?  People are just jealous. He should toss the Diet Coke, though... go with the REAL coke.   

2 hours ago, Edman85 said:

It's a shame that our level of distrust of this administration is so high that it would even cross anybody's mind that he would fudge this.

It's a shame, and It's self-inflicted.  Trump is a perpetual liar historically - nothing he says can be taken at face value.

3 hours ago, Euphdude said:

The doctor was put into a no-win situation when Trump politicized his exam by asking for an additional cognitive exam and ordering him to release the results.  I don't blame the doctor all.

They just did the so called, "mini mental."  That's a screening tool, but not a comprehensive exam.   At Trump's age, a lot of PCPs do this routinely at yearly check ups.   I posted a link up there somewhere that describes it, and gives a few examples of things that it does not screen for.  

4 hours ago, Edman85 said:

It’s not unprecedented: the FDR Administration routinely lied about the fact that Roosevelt himself was stricken by polio. Sure, they did so ostensibly in the interests of the nation, because they calculated the American people would have thought him a weak and ineffectual cripple. But that’s not at all unlike fudging Trump’s health records in the interest of the Administration portraying him as a strong and healthy leader to exactly the same end.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melody said:

They just did the so called, "mini mental."  That's a screening tool, but not a comprehensive exam.   At Trump's age, a lot of PCPs do this routinely at yearly check ups.   I posted a link up there somewhere that describes it, and gives a few examples of things that it does not screen for.  

I believe you Melody, and I appreciate you sharing this information.  It won't change my mind in Trump's case though -- it was a cheap political stunt which doesn't fool anyone who's not a lost soul in TribeLand.

38 minutes ago, Euphdude said:

I believe you Melody, and I appreciate you sharing this information.  It won't change my mind in Trump's case though -- it was a cheap political stunt which doesn't fool anyone who's not a lost soul in TribeLand.

That's exactly what it was.  I'm just saying that this exam doesn't establish what Trump says it does either. 

I have observed the more comprehensive cognitive exams.  My MIL's were done by an occupational therapist who specialized in that type of diagnosis.  And it was done over several visits.    That's why I was so interested to learn exactly what testing he was given.  But it was just the common screen.