Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Pistons sign Langston Galloway

I doubt he walks.  But what if they have to trade Mook to keep him?

Worse, what if teams know they have to trade Mook to keep KCP and they all say, "How about sending us a draft pick to take your salary on."

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-free-agency-roundup-iguodala-re-signs-holiday-redick-get-big-money-grades-060447738.html

Langston Galloway signs with the Pistons: Detroit will pay Galloway $21 million over three years, which is a fine price for a decent third guard. The problem: The Pistons are hurtling into the NBA abyss with no brakes to hit and no flexibility to change course. The Galloway signing simply confirms that. Detroit is now hard capped, and can do nothing else in free agency aside from matching an offer for restricted free agent Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Talk about a franchise with no direction …

Detroit Grade: C

1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I doubt he walks.  But what if they have to trade Mook to keep him?

Worse, what if teams know they have to trade Mook to keep KCP and they all say, "How about sending us a draft pick to take your salary on."

Yah, we have to see how it plays out to judge it. I'm just saying its near impossible for an NBA team, even if you think they are poorly run, to miss that this is the scenario. I sure hope they didn't willingly decide to trade Morris and a first for Galloway, that's for sure.

People actually believe that the pistons aren't aware of the cap situation?  So they get up this morning, read yahoo news, who barely think or talk about the pistons, and say, "oh my, what have we done."  

They know what they are doing. Now, if you want to argue what they are doing is idiotic, fine.  But there is zero percent chance they don't know the cap scenarios. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

People actually believe that the pistons aren't aware of the cap situation?  So they get up this morning, read yahoo news, who barely think or talk about the pistons, and say, "oh my, what have we done."  

They know what they are doing. Now, if you want to argue what they are doing is idiotic, fine.  But there is zero percent chance they don't know the cap scenarios. 

this haha

This move means curtains for Silent G in Detroit. 

Galloway is perfect for the role he was signed for and I like him as a player. Kind of a Mike James-type. 

SVG has to move at least one of contracts or just let KCP walk.  

Del, would a sign & trade even be an option for SVG?  Seems like it wouldn't factor in much because we can't offer him the max now. 

One of the good parts of signing Galloway is that SJ won't have to play SG. 

S&T's are still an option,  yes.

Everything is still an option, as long as it doesn't take them over the Apron.  

52 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

This move means curtains for Silent G in Detroit. 

Galloway is perfect for the role he was signed for and I like him as a player. Kind of a Mike James-type. 

SVG has to move at least one of contracts or just let KCP walk.  

Del, would a sign & trade even be an option for SVG?  Seems like it wouldn't factor in much because we can't offer him the max now. 

One of the good parts of signing Galloway is that SJ won't have to play SG. 

Love the Mike James comp