Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Sydney_Fife

Pistons sign Langston Galloway

Recommended Posts

I doubt he walks.  But what if they have to trade Mook to keep him?

Worse, what if teams know they have to trade Mook to keep KCP and they all say, "How about sending us a draft pick to take your salary on."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba-free-agency-roundup-iguodala-re-signs-holiday-redick-get-big-money-grades-060447738.html

Quote

Langston Galloway signs with the Pistons: Detroit will pay Galloway $21 million over three years, which is a fine price for a decent third guard. The problem: The Pistons are hurtling into the NBA abyss with no brakes to hit and no flexibility to change course. The Galloway signing simply confirms that. Detroit is now hard capped, and can do nothing else in free agency aside from matching an offer for restricted free agent Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. Talk about a franchise with no direction …

Detroit Grade: C

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deleterious said:

I doubt he walks.  But what if they have to trade Mook to keep him?

Worse, what if teams know they have to trade Mook to keep KCP and they all say, "How about sending us a draft pick to take your salary on."

 

Yah, we have to see how it plays out to judge it. I'm just saying its near impossible for an NBA team, even if you think they are poorly run, to miss that this is the scenario. I sure hope they didn't willingly decide to trade Morris and a first for Galloway, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People actually believe that the pistons aren't aware of the cap situation?  So they get up this morning, read yahoo news, who barely think or talk about the pistons, and say, "oh my, what have we done."  

They know what they are doing. Now, if you want to argue what they are doing is idiotic, fine.  But there is zero percent chance they don't know the cap scenarios. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

People actually believe that the pistons aren't aware of the cap situation?  So they get up this morning, read yahoo news, who barely think or talk about the pistons, and say, "oh my, what have we done."  

They know what they are doing. Now, if you want to argue what they are doing is idiotic, fine.  But there is zero percent chance they don't know the cap scenarios. 

this haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This move means curtains for Silent G in Detroit. 

Galloway is perfect for the role he was signed for and I like him as a player. Kind of a Mike James-type. 

SVG has to move at least one of contracts or just let KCP walk.  

Del, would a sign & trade even be an option for SVG?  Seems like it wouldn't factor in much because we can't offer him the max now. 

One of the good parts of signing Galloway is that SJ won't have to play SG. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

S&T's are still an option,  yes.

Everything is still an option, as long as it doesn't take them over the Apron.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

This move means curtains for Silent G in Detroit. 

Galloway is perfect for the role he was signed for and I like him as a player. Kind of a Mike James-type. 

SVG has to move at least one of contracts or just let KCP walk.  

Del, would a sign & trade even be an option for SVG?  Seems like it wouldn't factor in much because we can't offer him the max now. 

One of the good parts of signing Galloway is that SJ won't have to play SG. 

Love the Mike James comp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×