Sign in to follow this  
T&P_Fan

2017-2018 NHL Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

I hope Ovie finally gets his Cup against Las Vegas. For one, I think the guy is a great player and I would like to see him win a Cup. Two, I don't want Bettman to be validated by putting a team in Las Vegas over Quebec, Hamilton, Seattle, or Milwaukee. I feel a Stanley Cup victory in year one by the Golden Knights will validate Bettman's (otherwise disastrous) southern strategy in the NHL.

I disagree.

On 5/29/2018 at 10:23 AM, VegasTiger said:

I disagree.

Disagree with what? Ovie getting a Cup? Vegas getting a team over superior hockey markets like Hamilton and Quebec?

1 hour ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Disagree with what? Ovie getting a Cup? Vegas getting a team over superior hockey markets like Hamilton and Quebec?

Yes! :)

I agree with wanting Ovie to getting his Cup.

I disagree with the notion that Vegas as a hockey market is a mistake or that Bettman's southern strategy has been disastrous. San Jose, Dallas, Nashville and Tampa have done well over the years. Carolina did well when the team was good, but like many markets does not do well when the team is bad. Arizona and Florida have not been good markets, but bonehead arena locations didn't help and it's unlikely Bettman had big influence on that. I'm encouraged about Vegas as a hockey market.  Vegas' games against Winnipeg did surprisingly well in the ratings, as did Game 1 of Vegas-Washington.

I an not a fan of giving cities a second crack at a team.  Quebec already proved they couldn't support a hockey franchise.

Tavares to the Leafs?  Yes sirrey bob.  That is some depth at center they have. 

3 hours ago, T&P_Fan said:

Tavares to the Leafs?  Yes sirrey bob.  That is some depth at center they have. 

Definitely a Cup contender now. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.  No reason not to trade Nylander for a good D now.