3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Ball had a triple double last night.

passes like tarzan, shoots like jane.

• Like 1

I rolled up to the Thomas and Mack Center an hour ago looking to get I to the 3pm game and the parking lot was pretty full. I estimate five-times the cars I saw when I last went in 2009.

They wanted $30 for a game ticket, $55 to watch all day.  I want to say it was $8/$15 before. 

I opted for the airport instead. 

2 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Ball with his second triple double.  Shot 30% from the field and had 7 TO's though.

I was told turnovers no longer matter, so . . .

I know it's just Summer League and everybody seems to hate the kid because of loudmouth but you can see right away that he's going to be an elite player in the league pretty quickly. He just has that "special" quality that you rarely see.

Funny thing about Ball, he seems like a decent enough kid.  It's that annoying father that really bugs me.  

• Like 1

All of the vitrol towards Lonzo is a direct result of him being Lavar's son.  I hope this doesn't overshadow his future accomplishments because this kid has generational level ability IMO.

8 minutes ago, NYLion said:

All of the vitrol towards Lonzo is a direct result of him being Lavar's son.  I hope this doesn't overshadow his future accomplishments because this kid has generational level ability IMO.

The Williams girls got out from under a crazy sport's dad, Well maybe not that crazy. 

• Like 1

True but he wasn't Laval Ball level crazy. 

However, I'm sure as Lonzo creates his own legacy and the novelty of Lavar wears off, this sideshow act will be mostly forgotten.

Every player in the league is going to take a run at the kid.  Embiid has been talking about it for months now.  He's already been fined $10K for telling Lavar Ball to **** off on Twitter.  

29 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Every player in the league is going to take a run at the kid.  Embiid has been talking about it for months now.  He's already been fined $10K for telling Lavar Ball to **** off on Twitter.  

Embiid? Shouldn't a guy actually play in the NBA for than 3 weeks before he talks smack? Jeesh.

• Like 1

I watched the first-half of the LAL/DAL SL game last night, a few thoughts:

--Ball's jumper is crazy ugly.  With a controlling father like his, how did it develop so?

--Ball is one of the best passing big guards I've seen over the past decade and he reminds me of Livingston before injury.

--Dennis Smith Jr (DSJ) is Stevie Francis all over again, and will be must-see TV until he proves otherwise.  He was p*ssing on anyone who guarded him.  There are only a few guys in the L who will be able to contain this guy for periods of time, so teams will have to gameplan for him or be p*ssed on.  

--Kuzma can play, and how did Izzo not snag this Flint kid?

--G-League MVP Vander Blue is going to be a rotation guard for someone this year.

--Kennard's defense is par for the course from what I saw from both squads' young wing players.