31 minutes ago, Buddha said:

gbinije will probably be waived.  not sure what he brings to the table. 

pierre jackson isnt a bad point guard but too small.

I like Jackson's speed/pace of play very much.

Silent G brings Bullock 2.0, but cheaper and less proven.

36 minutes ago, Buddha said:

ellenson looked poor in the second half.

not strong enough down low.  three point shot wasnt falling.  not quick enough on defense.

kennard's shot looked good in the second half but the lack of athleticsm showed.  he wasnt taking anyone off the dribble or fooling anyone with feints like he did in college.

I couldn't watch the second half, unfortunately.

Ellenson is LMA but slower and without the shot blocking.  It was hard to believe he didn't get a few blocks when I was watching--OKC definitely knew he couldn't swat them.

I don't think Kennard's conditioning is there right now, but just my opinion.  He fills the role Meeks was supposed to at a fraction of the cost, so it is tough to complain for me.

Ellenson would be dangerous if he put on about 20lbs of muscle. In the highlights he couldn't get anywhere near the rim

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gbinije looked terrible.

Ellenson looked pretty bad.  No post moves other than a turn around fade away, even when guarded by a smaller player.  Perimeter defense was really bad, stood around and let others grab some rebounds.  

Kennard looked OK.  He has a nice looking shot, very quick.  He couldn't get to the rim if his life depended on it.  Which will be a problem in the regular season since every defender will just go over screens to guard him.

Eric Moreland was the one that impressed me the most.  10 points on 4-5 shooting, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks in 28 minutes.  He made 3rd team all league in the G-League last year, plus all defensive team.  Possible 2-way contract guy?

remember that this is summer league.  no spacing, lots of grabbing and physical play that wont be there in the regular season.

ellenson and kennard will both benefit from regular season space...in the g league.

12 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

I like Jackson's speed/pace of play very much.

Silent G brings Bullock 2.0, but cheaper and less proven.

silent g has a long way to go to get to be what bullock was for the five minutes he was actually healthy.

2 hours ago, Buddha said:

silent g has a long way to go to get to be what bullock was for the five minutes he was actually healthy.

One could argue that in being healthy, that Silent G is ahead of the game vs Bullock right here and right now.

3 hours ago, Deleterious said:

Gbinije looked terrible.

Ellenson looked pretty bad.  No post moves other than a turn around fade away, even when guarded by a smaller player.  Perimeter defense was really bad, stood around and let others grab some rebounds.  

Kennard looked OK.  He has a nice looking shot, very quick.  He couldn't get to the rim if his life depended on it.  Which will be a problem in the regular season since every defender will just go over screens to guard him.

Eric Moreland was the one that impressed me the most.  10 points on 4-5 shooting, 11 rebounds, 4 blocks in 28 minutes.  He made 3rd team all league in the G-League last year, plus all defensive team.  Possible 2-way contract guy?

It is almost like Ellenson was determined to work on that turnaround-fade no matter who was on him.  I would actually believe that, but his defense was just so non-impactful.

The Pistons could use a low-investment energy big like Moreland.  You never know.

Kennard had a turnover that was really terrible, but other than that I thought he did all the right things with the rock.

Silent G needs to show out the rest of SL or he's going to get axed.  The talent is there, the assertiveness needs to come now.

I recorded it but haven't watched it yet.  But it looks like Moreland had another nice game.  24 minutes, 15 points on 5-6 shooting, 6 rebounds and 4 more blocks.  I know he took a charge too.  Might not be with Detroit, but he is playing himself into an NBA contract at this rate.

Looks like Ellenson had a nice game.  5-9 shooting, 2-4 from three.  7 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals.  

Ellenson has looked solid in both games.  Has put the ball on the floor, gone to the rim and worked on a nice turn around.  Very encouraging.

Kennard is going to be great once the regular season starts.  Can't do anything in these games no space.  He looks very fluid though. 

ellenson's ceiling is a poor man's ryan anderson or robert horry.  he's built more like anderson.

i think that turnaround shot on the baseline is going to get blocked by athletic bigs.  and he looks clumsy going to the basket.  but he is still young and is obviously capable of shooting well.  he's improved over last year.

kennard looks like just a shooter, not athletic enough to finish with regularity in the nba.  but his shot looks really nice and that was the pistons biggest weakness last season (that and the lack of heart).

good to see tobias show up and cheer them on.

I don't think the Pistons play today.

Tonight at 7PM on NBATV, Philadelphia vs Boston in the Utah summer league. Should be able to see Fultz.

23 hours ago, Buddha said:

the heat absolutely stole bam adebayo.

Ironic since he went about 15 picks earlier than projections

Not much excitement about the Pistons playing in the prestigious Orlando Summer League title game?

#svggotusthere

feels like the Orlando league is the worst of the leagues...the highlights from the heat-Jazz game looks like a real game, while ours look like pick-up games

15 minutes ago, DaBishop said:

feels like the Orlando league is the worst of the leagues...the highlights from the heat-Jazz game looks like a real game, while ours look like pick-up games

There is absolutely no doubt about that. 

I wish the Pistons still played in LV for SL.