Deleterious

Clippers offer DeAndre for Andre

1 minute ago, Sydney_Fife said:

The cap being 99 million is going to force their hand. One of the big contracts will be moved.

If Markkanen falls, Leuer will be shipped off. 

for what?  a bag of balls?

Just now, Buddha said:

theyre still over the cap if they sign kcp.

Ok, I just looked at the chart and didn't realize that they in that bad a shape capwise. Even more reason to clear out the Drummond contract.  Probably need to trade Harris as well.

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Probably need to trade Harris as well.

If this wasn't always the plan, then SVG is a stone fool.

7 minutes ago, Sydney_Fife said:

Someone will take a 10/5 guy off their bench

Yeah, Leuer is great value at his price.

He is crazy cheap at $10M per year.  A backup big is a $12-$15M a year contract now.  

His deal is also declining.  Can be a spot starter.  Great value and would be a bad move to trade him unless he was a throw in to get a bigger deal done.  

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

He is crazy cheap at $10M per year.  A backup big is a $12-$15M a year contract now.  

His deal is also declining.  Can be a spot starter.  Great value and would be a bad move to trade him unless he was a throw in to get a bigger deal done.  

Completely agree. He's on a solid contract based upon the current cap and his talent level.

2 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

We won't agree on this, but Ellenson should get Leuer's burn this year--time to see what SVG drafted.  If he can't put up a similar state line to Leuer's last year then we go from there.  

Similarly, Ish should be shopped as well to a team with a real demand at backup pg.    

If both can be thrown in to make a big deal for Reggie and/or Drummond happen, all the better.

Ellenson's last two games were somewhat encouraging, with 24 pts and 20 boards in 53 minutes.  End of season, so hard what that means due to teams not playing best lineups, but I just think SVG needs to put him into the rotation this year as much to see if he sinks or swims as for salary cap reasons.  

I'm not against using Leuer, Ish, or anyone else if it's part of a deal to ship out Dre or Reggie - you all know that. I'll move just about anyone or anything to get them off the books. But taken on their own, both Ish and Leuer are players/contracts I'm happy enough hanging on to. They're good value in today's market for solid bench and occasional starter level players.

Morris, Ish, Leuer, Boban and yes even Stanley are all great value for their salaries.

Drummond and Harris are overpaid. I think a healthy Jackson and KCP will likely be "just right" when it comes to salary.

43 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I'm not against using Leuer, Ish, or anyone else if it's part of a deal to ship out Dre or Reggie - you all know that. I'll move just about anyone or anything to get them off the books. But taken on their own, both Ish and Leuer are players/contracts I'm happy enough hanging on to. They're good value in today's market for solid bench and occasional starter level players.

Do we keep these good value players and continue to tread water, or do we go after higher-upside gambles at the same or cheaper prices?  Why not give trade Leuer and give Ellenson his role?  It seems like Leuer was acquired with contending in mind, but if we aren't contending, Leuer should be dealt for even a second-rounder if we can swing it.

8 minutes ago, mickeyb105 said:

Do we keep these good value players and continue to tread water, or do we go after higher-upside gambles at the same or cheaper prices?  Why not give trade Leuer and give Ellenson his role?  It seems like Leuer was acquired with contending in mind, but if we aren't contending, Leuer should be dealt for even a second-rounder if we can swing it.

What you want done should be done in Grand Rapids.

If I ran this team, Silent G and Ellenson would have spent the entire year in GR.

4 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

If I ran this team, Silent G and Ellenson would have spent the entire year in GR.

if you ran the team i doubt silent g or ellenson would ever have been drafted.

I would love to see Del run the Pistons and cruzer run the Lions. 

But they would still have to post here. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

100% IRT last year and how GR should be run.

It's crazy to me that we are now talking about Andre as a salary dump.  I think that is going a little too far.  Granted, I get just as pissed and overreact as much as the next guy when he takes a game off during the season.  I am not opposed to trading him but am not ready to do that as a salary dump yet.  I don't think the Warriors are the only way to build a team.  I don't think his free throw shooting is a lost cause yet.  And I don't think his laziness has to be a problem the rest of his career.  I would rather keep his talent and change the coach, roster, and culture around him than trade him for cap space at this point.  I will admit it is a problem we are stuck with Van Gundy for at least one more year because Van Gundy has not handled him that well IMO and probably does not give us the best chance to get the most out of him.     

• Like 1

It's not crazy at all. It's not about him taking a game off. It's about what he is. 23 or not, he'll be going into his 6th year in the NBA. He is what he is. Changing the coach isn't going to fix that because he was the same way with the previous coaches and even in college. One look at his body will tell you all you need to know about his drive to improve. He could look like Dwight Howard but instead he's doughy like Charlie V. With no heart and a max contract under his belt, he's not changing. All that is before we even get into the fact that the team is better without him on the court. His offensive efficiency is at the bottom of the league and his defense is terrible. All he does is rebound. Literally, that's it.

It also has to do with what it takes to build a winner in today's NBA. Look around at the league and show me all the great teams that are competing for championships - or even playoff spots - with a Center as their focal point. Right, all of those teams are at the bottom of the league. It's simply not a winning strategy anymore.

SVG should have moved him two years ago. We did the same thing with Monroe. Kept him too long, kept saying it was everything else around him that was preventing him from becoming the next Duncan and look what he actually is; a bench player on a team that barely made the playoffs.

It's time to move on and get rid of the dead weight dragging this team down. I would've been ecstatic to get a top 10 pick and an expiring contract for him yesterday. Addition through subtraction.

29 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

One look at his body will tell you all you need to know about his drive to improve. He could look like Dwight Howard but instead he's doughy like Charlie V. With no heart and a max contract under his belt, he's not changing

Drummond won't change until he develops an intense desire to play to the best of his ability and win championships.  That won't happen unless there's a culture change at a player level, which is something that has to happen organically at the player level.

It seems like the Pistons should do this, no? Only one year left on his deal and this is probably the best they would get for Andre.