Deleterious

Clippers offer DeAndre for Andre

42 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

5 And 10 for Drummond and 12?

Yes please.

All day yes. 

If somehow the trade does actually happen I wonder if the Pistons will try to trade up to get Dennis Smith who I heard they are enamored with. 

20 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

If somehow the trade does actually happen I wonder if the Pistons will try to trade up to get Dennis Smith who I heard they are enamored with. 

It is hard to not be enamored with Smith, TBH.

SVG needs to move Dre, and if all they get out of it is 10 and AA's exp contract then so be it.

10 and 12 could net two of Zach or John Collins, Markkanen, Kinnard, Patton or maybe even Monk.

If two of Monk, Markkanen and Kinnard are there with those picks then SVG doesn't need to go shopping for a shooter via FA.

2 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I can almost guarantee that if Drummond is traded he will become a beast.

JBK, sometimes Dre is a beast right now--just he isn't that guy every night in Detroit.

Sometimes trades motivate guys to be the best versions of themselves, and maybe Dre needs a change of scenery.  SVG has worn out his relationships with his big men in the past, and what we've seen with Drummond is a repeat of history in some ways.

Either way, the Pistons--IMO--become a better team (although it could take a year or more) by gaining some shooters via the draft and by promoting the existing bigs and giving them minutes.  

Trading what was once supposed to be your franchise player right before moving into a new arena is a huge gamble, but then again not trying to change the composition of the Pistons we saw last year may be an even bigger one.

29 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I can almost guarantee that if Drummond is traded he will become a beast.

Boban will be beastier.

4 minutes ago, Casimir said:

Boban will be beastier.

Boban getting real minutes is a fine substitute for not acquiring either Jordan Mickey or Ryan Kelly.

EyCuzk.gif

44 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

If I am SVG, the larger gamble is doing nothing.

QFT. 

The organization is stuck in the mud.  A capped out team that is no better than 1st rounder fodder at best.  A shake up is a necessity this offseason.  Drummond for #10 (Smith or Monk) would be a good start.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

If it's just 10, I'm keeping Drummond.

Not going to get many better offers out there. It's not even about value necessarily, it's about going in a new direction and clearing a crap load of cap space in the process.

1 minute ago, NYLion said:

Not going to get many better offers out there. It's not even about value necessarily, it's about going in a new direction and clearing a crap load of cap space in the process.

It gives you tax relief, it gives you zero cap space to spend.

10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

If it's just 10, I'm keeping Drummond.

If SVG can't negotiate more than 10, then he needs to be relieved of his GM duties immediately.

It would clear a giant albatross of a contract that extends out into 2021 and forces you try to build around a Center who's killing your offense and is a poor defender. The top 10 pick in return is better than the player on a bad contract I was expecting to get in return. This trade is about a lot more than cap space for 2017.

10 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

It gives you tax relief, it gives you zero cap space to spend.

What do you mean?  His contract off the books frees up a ton of cap unless the Pistons are retaining a big portion of the contract which would be stupid obviously.

I'm afraid that all of this Drummond trade talk has me set up for a very disappointing night when nothing happens and all we've done is add Kennard to the roster. I need to lower my excitement and expectations significantly to properly prepare for a Van Gundy draft and off-season.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

What do you mean?  His contract off the books frees up a ton of cap unless the Pistons are retaining a big portion of the contract which would be stupid obviously.

theyre still over the cap if they sign kcp.

3 minutes ago, NYLion said:

The Pistons are over the cap right about what Drummond will make this season. 

You could light his contract on fire and they won't have one extra penny to spend. You aren't trading His $24M salary and spending it on a free agent.

1 minute ago, Betrayer said:

I'm afraid that all of this Drummond trade talk has me set up for a very disappointing night when nothing happens and all we've done is add Kennard to the roster. I need to lower my excitement and expectations significantly to properly prepare for a Van Gundy draft and off-season.

The cap being 99 million is going to force their hand. One of the big contracts will be moved.

If Markkanen falls, Leuer will be shipped off. 

Just now, Betrayer said:

this.  unfortunately this.

monroe 2.0.  josh smith 2.0.  #8 pick 2.0.  we do nothing in the face of offers and end up not maximizing the value of the assets we do have.

drummond isnt worth his deal.  if they could get a lottery pick for him they should do it.

but its all fantasy.  i doubt they move him.

• Like 1