Deleterious

Clippers offer DeAndre for Andre

2 minutes ago, Gehringer_2 said:

If Jordan sets an example by playing hard the fans in Detroit will send him love big time. That will count for something.

There is truth to this.

Just now, John_Brian_K said:

I like Andre and think he is only going to get better.

Fair enough.  I don't see enough progression the last few years to be hopeful of him getting much better and I don't see him all of a sudden developing a desire to get better but I can see why one would get enamoured with his upside due to his physical tools.  I just don't see much of a toolbox.

3 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I like Andre and think he is only going to get better.

I'll believe that when he shows up to camp with under 10% body fat.

I would help Andre pack and drive him to the airport as well as pick up DeAndre and help him unpack if it would make this deal come to pass.

No way this deal was offered.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Drummond gives you a little more offensive versatility and still has some room for growth but essentially, Jordan is what we hope that Drummond would become so you'd have to do this, no?  

My one worry is Jordan sulking here.  He's a Texas kid who also seemed very comfortable in L.A. so going to Detroit would be a bit of a culture shock for him. 

DeAndre only has 2 years left on his deal.  If he sulks, you can be rid of him at the end of 18/19 season.

Andre is signed through 20/21.

55 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Drummond gives you a little more offensive versatility and still has some room for growth but essentially, Jordan is what we hope that Drummond would become so you'd have to do this, no?  

My one worry is Jordan sulking here.  He's a Texas kid who also seemed very comfortable in L.A. so going to Detroit would be a bit of a culture shock for him. 

Drummond has some room for growth, but he has pretty much plateaued.

I think Jordan can be flipped again.  I don't know all of the trade rules, but I suspect he would be a valuable trade commodity at least at the trade deadline.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

I would help Andre pack and drive him to the airport as well as pick up DeAndre and help him unpack if it would make this deal come to pass.

That's because you are a good teammate.  Just don't injury yourself, they need your drive-it-to-the-rack game.

Could this potentially be worked into a three team trade with the Celtics where the Pistons could both dump Drummond's contract and  add 1st round pick in the process? Would Danny Ainge have any interest in a player like DeAndre Jordan as his inside presence on defense protecting the basket and rebounding?

3 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

Could this potentially be worked into a three team trade with the Celtics where the Pistons could both dump Drummond's contract and  add 1st round pick in the process? Would Danny Ainge have any interest in a player like DeAndre Jordan as his inside presence on defense protecting the basket and rebounding?

Ainge would have zero interest in Jordan. On the off chance he did, he wouldn't need a third team to do it.

You get to dump a terrible contract we're stuck with until 2021 (that continues to rise) for a 2 year contract in return. Not only that, Jordan does most of the things we want Dre to do (defense, effort, rebound) and doesn't do the other things we want Dre to stop doing (demand the ball on offense).

I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I guarantee you that LA is asking for our pick as well. That's probably the hold up. I would gladly dump the #12 pick to dump Dre's contract and move on from that mess. You can't build around a big man like Dre in today's NBA. If you have a traditional Center he needs to be dedicated to defense and rebounding, which Jordan is. Yes, he still has FT issues, but he's an upgrade in every other way in my eyes.

26 minutes ago, Betrayer said:

I would do this deal in a heartbeat. I guarantee you that LA is asking for our pick as well. That's probably the hold up. I would gladly dump the #12 pick to dump Dre's contract and move on from that mess.

I would give up the first as well.

Not sure how serious to take this since its Matt Dery reporting it but he says that he has heard from a reliable source that the Kings have heavy interest in Drummond.  

28 minutes ago, RandyMarsh said:

Not sure how serious to take this since its Matt Dery reporting it but he says that he has heard from a reliable source that the Kings have heavy interest in Drummond.  

That's the perfect fit for Andre. 

And a great trade partner for SVG to fleece.

• Like 1