Deleterious

Clippers offer DeAndre for Andre

Windy is usually pretty good with his stuff.  But I just don't see much sense in this trade other than a change of scenery.  

Jordan is more of a rim protector I guess, but much older.  And I would guess his efficiency will drop without CP3 around to set him with easy baskets.  

Tempting but I think I'd pass.  Very similar players but Drummond is 5 years younger.  

6 minutes ago, Hart said:

Tempting but I think I'd pass.  Very similar players but Drummond is 5 years younger.  

I always thought comparing them was a lazy comparison. 

Jordan is an elite defender at both the rim and in the pick and roll. He would be a massive upgrade on Drummond in that regard. 

Yes they're both elite rebounders and terrible foul shooters, but DAJ doesn't really post up at all. Drummond is an extremely inefficient offensive player, where DAJ is usually among the leaders in field goal percentage. 

Jordan is a high energy, intense guy. Drummond is a slug. 

Id make this trade to improve my defense, my offensive efficiency, and dump that contract. 

• Like 4

Drummond does have an 8% trade kicker.  Meaning the Pistons would have to cut him a check for just over $6M just for trading him.

3 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

Drummond does have an 8% trade kicker.  Meaning the Pistons would have to cut him a check for just over $6M just for trading him.

Can it be stretched out? :)

1 minute ago, mickeyb105 said:

Can it be stretched out? :)

Funny enough, it does go on the other teams salary cap.  And it is distributed over the length of his deal.

Just now, Deleterious said:

Funny enough, it does go on the other teams salary cap.  And it is distributed over the length of his deal.

Gores, "Shut up and take my money!"

I suppose it is possible they feel they will lose Paul and Blake this summer.  And this is part of a youth movement?  

I don't know.

18 minutes ago, Deleterious said:

I just can't understand why LAC would make this deal.  Maybe Doc doesn't have League Pass.  

andre wasnt good when doc coached the celtics so i'm not sure why he would make the deal...

4 hours ago, Deleterious said:

They should've given him a 40 percent trade kicker that only kicked in if he shot above 40 percent from the line :)

Drummond gives you a little more offensive versatility and still has some room for growth but essentially, Jordan is what we hope that Drummond would become so you'd have to do this, no?  

My one worry is Jordan sulking here.  He's a Texas kid who also seemed very comfortable in L.A. so going to Detroit would be a bit of a culture shock for him. 

2 minutes ago, NYLion said:

Drummond gives you a little more offensive versatility and still has some room for growth but essentially, Jordan is what we hope that Drummond would become so you'd have to do this, no?

My one worry is Jordan sulking here.  He's a Texas kid who also seemed very comfortable in L.A. so going to Detroit would be a bit of a culture shock for him.

Yeah, this is a legitimate concern.  I wondered that too.  But he is such a high eneryg player I wonder just how much it would effect him.  Andre gets commended when he shows energy every 8th game. How many times has Kelser said, "Andre has lots of energy tonight, have to take advantage."

1 minute ago, T&P_Fan said:

Yeah, this is a legitimate concern.  I wondered that too.  But he is such a high eneryg player I wonder just how much it would effect him.  Andre gets commended when he shows energy every 8th game. How many times has Kelser said, "Andre has lots of energy tonight, have to take advantage."

Don't get me wrong, I do this trade without thinking twice but Jordan's mental state being traded here should give a little pause. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, T&P_Fan said:

If Jordan sets an example by playing hard the fans in Detroit will send him love big time. That will count for something.

• Like 1