Tenacious D

There is a lot of goodness

307 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, Microline133 said:

Hill never left the Tigers Top 10 list of any reputable outlets. 

my point is that he has now earned it with his play, not just draft status.  in previous seasons, the farm was more barren than it is now.  It actually means something to be on the list now.

43 minutes ago, Shelton said:

Yes, although slam dunks are missed from time to time. 

He could struggle in 2017 and 2018. At that point, he may no longer be much of a prospect. 

yeah - if he's really a guy that's going to make the majors, he is reaching the age where he should start moving moving more rapidly. I think if he spends a whole year at Lakeland next year it cuts the odds he's destined to be a plus player.

1 minute ago, Gehringer_2 said:

yeah - if he's really a guy that's going to make the majors, he is reaching the age where he should start moving moving more rapidly. I think if he spends a whole year at Lakeland next year it cuts the odds he's destined to be a plus player.

?  

Disagree.  He's only 21 and missed the equivalent of a season with TJ.  The glove and speed was always there, now the hit tool is catching up.

18 minutes ago, Tenacious D said:

?  

Disagree.  He's only 21 and missed the equivalent of a season with TJ.  The glove and speed was always there, now the hit tool is catching up.

1 person likes this

Rough for the Tigers organization tonight.  Every team lost, including a few double headers.  We went 0-12.

I think Hill might be favorite prospect at this point.  I wish he was a little closer to the majors because I think Mahtook is a corner or 4th outfielder long term.  We are starting for an elite defensive outfielder and he is the guy.  

3 hours ago, Hart said:

I think Hill might be favorite prospect at this point.  I wish he was a little closer to the majors because I think Mahtook is a corner or 4th outfielder long term.  We are starting for an elite defensive outfielder and he is the guy.  

I have a feeling that if Hill is going to make it to the bigs as a starter, it's going to be sooner rather than later. He'll either progress very quickly from here or he will be fringey and handy in a fourth outfielder/defensive replacement/pinch runner sort of way. I saw this because he seems to be getting better by leaps and bounds after his injury. Maybe that's just hopeful.