mtutiger

World Politics / Affairs Thread

1 hour ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Not surprised, personally.

Same.  It's been a really long time since I've given a Republican the benefit of the doubt.   It might be since 2007, assuming Patreaus was a Republican (I think he is).

Nicki Haley, like Marco Rubio, wants to be able to advance up in the Republican Party. And, like Rubio, she has made that advancing a message based around Trump-esque bomb throwing is the way to go. 

And, like Rubio, I believe she wants it both ways as well... she wants to advance that message while retaining whatever mainstream credibility she had built up prior to Trump and even in her role as UN Ambassador. 

It's probably not going to work, though... people can tell when politicians are being insincere and are rhetorically contorting themselves out of convenience 

7 minutes ago, mtutiger said:

Nicki Haley, like Marco Rubio, wants to be able to advance up in the Republican Party. And, like Rubio, she has made that advancing a message based around Trump-esque bomb throwing is the way to go. 

And, like Rubio, I believe she wants it both ways as well... she wants to advance that message while retaining whatever mainstream credibility she had built up prior to Trump and even in her role as UN Ambassador. 

It's probably not going to work, though... people can tell when politicians are being insincere and are rhetorically contorting themselves out of convenience 

They NEED to be given a significant beat down.  A Historical beat down would be excellent.

12 minutes ago, tigerbomb13 said:

Missle strike on a US base in Iraq 

I’m sure President Dumbass first thought is to ask for the football.   I hope there are still a few people left around him with some sense on how to handle a very delicate and dangerous situation.   

Trump once said he would consider using a nuclear weapon on Europe. What hesitation would he have using one on Iran?

2 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

I’m sure President Dumbass first thought is to ask for the football.   I hope there are still a few people left around him with some sense on how to handle a very delicate and dangerous situation.   

I fear all the adults left the building a long time ago. 

Probably worth it for everybody to keep their powder dry on this... there is bound to be some misinformation to come out of this.

I'd only say that it was inevitable that this would get hairy once he took out Soleimani.

None of this had to happen. We had an agreement with Iran and Trump and his followers had to ruin it because Obama was part of it. How can any country take the US seriously anymore? The US just **** on an agreement and assassinated a military leader. 

1 minute ago, Motown Bombers said:

None of this had to happen. We had an agreement with Iran and Trump and his followers had to ruin it because Obama was part of it. How can any country take the US seriously anymore? The US just **** on an agreement and assassinated a military leader. 

Going to war to own the libs 

15 minutes ago, RatkoVarda said:

this is some of that "noise" that Pompeo was talking about

We can make more.

3 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

We can make more.

No ****!  Of course we can.  We have the biggest military in the world by far.  That doesn't mean we should get into wars all over the place.  

7 minutes ago, six-hopper said:

We can make more.

Obviously.

The question is, at what cost... will ultimately be worth the cost? We don't know that yet.

2 hours ago, six-hopper said:

We can make more.

That makes our military men and women dying, OK... right?

1 hour ago, 84 Lives!!! said:

That makes our military men and women dying, OK... right?

Of course, especially if you are from a family like the Trumps who never have any family members in active service.  Only a family like that would brag about making more noise.  As an aside, the US is not the only country that has a military presence in Iraq, so Trump is going to get people killed from your former allies in Canada and the other NATO countries.

15 hours ago, Motown Bombers said:

Yeah, we could have just gone on having that terrorist operate through proxies and kill our people and attack israel. Instead we blew his *** up. Awful decision. We could have kept subjecting ourselves to his whims. 

• Like 1

Iran's mistake was not having a business relationship with Jared Kushner... like the Saudis.

Trump and Co. love to talk tough on the middle east with countries they don't have a personal business relationship... bunch of pussies.