Sign in to follow this  
MAROTH4MVP

53 man roster predictions

8 hours ago, mickeyb105 said:

Exactly.

Lets not forget they cut Rudock and put him on the practice squad last year. Kaaya will get the same treatment, as our roster is probably deeper and he hasn't looked as good as Rudock did(which wasn't even that good)

Looking thru the cuts so far on NFL.com & really not seeing a whole lot to be excited about. Then again it's just the first wave, probably the easier cuts to pick.  It'll get harder for teams now.  I'm hoping for some help on the lines after the other teams make their cuts.  

9 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

Lets not forget they cut Rudock and put him on the practice squad last year. Kaaya will get the same treatment, as our roster is probably deeper and he hasn't looked as good as Rudock did(which wasn't even that good)

I realize all of that. 

Quinn knew they were drafting a major project in Kaaya, while Rudock already was a top-notch game-manager with a genius IQ.  

Quinn feels Kaaya can be molded into an NFL because of his physical tools, and he is pretty sure no team will claim him because of his severe lack of polish. He definitely didn't draft Kaaya to take Rudock's job, but the competition is healthy to have in camp. 

Rudock and Kaaya will be groomed and likely flipped at separate times if everything goes right for pieces Quinn needs to improve the roster down the line--or at least that's what will happen if everything goes right. NE and GB before them did well doing this. 

11 minutes ago, pyrotigers said:

2016 Starter Antwoine Williams cut. The Lions Linebackers were so good last year

I love that Quinn is doing some house-cleaning.

On 5/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, MAROTH4MVP said:

Blount signed with the Eagles. Tion Green the UDFA I think has a shot at winning a job.

He made the roster! For now at least

22 hours ago, Nastradamus said:

lol

Chargers cut Carun Reid too.

Man, tough day for your boys.

8 hours ago, Buddha said:

its funny how little all of us know about football and the lions' plans.

I assumed the plan was to wait for the kid to clear waivers, then sign him to the practice squad. 

11 hours ago, MAROTH4MVP said:

Anyone that was cut interest anyone? 

elijah lee, alex boone,  amd george johnson.

maybe willie beavers?

12 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Willie Beavers is a great name.

With a name like that, he needs facial hair like your's.

Kaaya claimed by the Panthers. I guess I don't understand taking a QB in the 6th round two years in a row with a good young starter firmly in place. 

You pick him because he is high on your board and available in the 6th round, and as insurance in case you get an offer you can’t refuse on Rudock. (Rudock did apparently draw some interest: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729930-nfl-rumors-latest-on-ahmad-brooks-jake-rudock-trade-and-more)

But it does seem like a miscalculation on Quinn’s part to have lost Kaaya.

22 hours ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Should have drafted a long snapper there.

Should of* drafted a long snapper there.

23 hours ago, Jason_R said:

You pick him because he is high on your board and available in the 6th round, and as insurance in case you get an offer you can’t refuse on Rudock. (Rudock did apparently draw some interest: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2729930-nfl-rumors-latest-on-ahmad-brooks-jake-rudock-trade-and-more)

But it does seem like a miscalculation on Quinn’s part to have lost Kaaya.

I don't think that Panthers will keep him on the roster all year.  Hopefully he chooses the Lions practice squad over the Panthers.